Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tank Diorama (feedback appreciated)

Valvoa
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Valvoa polycounter lvl 8
Hi Polycount, 

I've been working on a Tank Diorama (original concept by the talented Shaun Mooney) and I'm looking for some general feedback so far. Texturing done in Substance using procedurals and some hand painting. No post production has been done yet, just trying to get the lighting right in Marmoset. Greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Looks sweet and matches the concept pretty well :)

I don't know if this aligns with your goal for the project, but it would be cool to see if you can get those harsh shadows from above present in the concept. I think they enforce this blocky style. Maybe it can't be achieved with lighting and would have to be faked?

Keep it up :+1:
  • Valvoa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valvoa polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the feeback Fabi_G. I could probably fake the darker shadows or maybe I could meet it somewhere in the middle with what I have without making the image too bright. I'll look into this, thank you. 
  • Valvoa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valvoa polycounter lvl 8
    Made a couple small adjustments and toned down the lighting a little bit. This particular hdri map might be washing out the render a little bit in marmoset. I might try some different lighting and try to increase the darker shadow on the ground. Thoughts? Thank you.
  • Valvoa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valvoa polycounter lvl 8
    Used a new hdri map for this one and added a warm light in the back for hard shadows. Think I'm getting closer...