Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Maybe give up and jump from fifth floor

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello, I am Akavov Arapkhan
I'm 17 and I'm trying to become at least someone in the 3D sphere
I have only a year left to find a job, because soon the army and I can be taken there and slowly killed (at best)
I would like to find a job with such a salary so that I can live a minimum abroad and do 3D
But all my models and textures look really bad and lousy

And further

I don't know where to move, I want to accept the fact that I have to cut my throat or jump from a high-rise building. But nothing comes of it, I'm looking for an inormation, I do everything according to the tutorials, but it comes out shit.

I don’t want to be a professional right away, and I don’t need it, I need something initial, I don’t know what kind of work I need to create, where to ask for criticism, how to look, I don’t know how and don’t know anything

Please criticize my work and I will try to fix it. I want solve problem for not being worthless

Thank you for just read and sorry for this

Replies

• jgarrison
    Offline / Send Message
    jgarrison polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Akavov
    I don't have a lot of advice for you in terms of becoming established as a 3D artist---I'm 28 and I've been at it since I was your age, and the stuff on your ArtStation is already better than mine IMO. Maybe someone else can chime in on that front. For what it's worth, I think you're doing great.

If I were to criticize your portfolio, I would have liked to see some breakdowns, like some work-in-progress screenshots, wireframes, render passes and so on, to get a better understanding of what you can do and what you're trying to do. As an example, scroll down a bit on this person's piece: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EdEn0

So, to be honest, I don't know that there is a strong probability of avoiding conscription by getting a job as a 3D artist right now, but mandatory service is only for one year, right? In the grand scheme of things a year is not a very long time at all. I understand how you feel and I would probably be thinking the same things you're thinking if I were in your position. At the same time, by the time you're twenty I think you will be glad that you stuck it out and endured these hardships.

I would be happy to talk to you more about this and about 3D in general.
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I dont think it is enough to like the idea of doing it. I think you have to really love doing it. If you love it you can take the bad stuff as well as the good. Think instead about the type of work you want to make and seek out all the relevant info you can find. I have a folder called TopWork with subfolders: 2DChars, 3DChars, Anatomy, HopsBoxDecalBrush, Mech, Props, Recap collections, Scenes, Vehicles and Weapons. All images I have collected from the web that contain something remarkable, for reference or inspiration. Try that.
  • Zi0
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
     I'm trying to become at least someone in the 3D sphere

This is the problem, you are probably stressed and desperate to become anything in order to escape military service, which I understand and Im sorry to hear that you are placed in such a tough situation.
    What you should do is pick something you are the most interested in and use the year you have to ace it. You have some arc vis, props and small environments on your portfolio right now so Im guessing that environments is something that you are the most interested in? Do some soul searching and pick the thing that you like the most and after that you can make a plan on how to become very good in it.

Its going to be hard/impossible to find something abroad since you are not only just starting your 3D adventure but you are also just 17 which is very young, legally you are not even a adult. Searching for a local company inside Russia is your best bet, small indie game companies and outsource studios like Trace or Sperasoft etc

What you also might try is the wargaming academy https://wargaming.com/ru/news/wargaming_academy_spb_interview/
    I want solve problem for not being worthless
    Remember you are not useless or worthless, just very young and just starting out. My first models looked very bad as well and I had to go back and take time to get better in order to secure my first job.

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Please note there is most definitely a suicide hotline in Russia. Please call that if you're feeling suicidal.