Home Technical Talk

Pixelyz : create your pixel art animation fast

sueds
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
sueds polycounter lvl 11
Hello there,
We are a small team of developer, passionate about pixel art, gaming and 2D.
We have created a new tool, Pixelyz.
Pixelyz is a pixel art drawing and animation tool, geared towards game artists, illustrators and animators.

Pixelyz is about simplifying time pixel art.

The goal was to create a really intuitive tool with an uncluttered interface where you create all your sprites from start to finish.
Pixelyz is use scalable vector graphics and pixel painting to create illustration, sprites and animation.

We just launched our Beta and a free trial and we would like you to give it a try. We actively looking for feedback to make Pixelyz better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rit8sW7srR8

Feedbacks, comment would be highly appreciated :)

We well keep uploading content on this thread, so feel free to ask any questions

Replies

• pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    The trailer and features look excellent !

I am having an issue with the trial though, getting an instant crash on startup on both win7 and win10 (two different machines - the win7 one running a GTX1070 and the win10 one using integrated graphics) : 

I hope this helps. Can't wait to try this out !
  • sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    Hi, 
    Yeah thank you, we manage to fix the bug. You can download the demo and it should work fine. Let us know what you think. We'll post more update this weekend, so be sure to check it out. 
  • sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    The Issue have been fixed. We've also added new post processing features like color correction, filter and blur.

Check out the latest demo at :

https://www.pixelyz.com/demopixelyz

• RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    That last screenshot reminds me of the Another World rotoscoped animations:

• sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    You can actually kind of do do rotoscoping. The vector is inspired by mocha  :)

Just updated The demo with new filter and effects

• Noors
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Yeah i had pretty much Eric Chahi's work in mind while looking at this thread. Ths guy has coded some Flash ancestor for Another World before Photoshop even exist. From 10:15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gv2bV9ok4

• sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    You might like this animation then. 

We are making a game and I've been thinking about getting this another world look in the game. I don't know

But you can also do some more elaborate stuff with this tool like this one. 

But striking a balance between clean shape and volume and beauty  can be tricky

• RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    sueds said:
    You might like this animation then. 

We are making a game and I've been thinking about getting this another world look in the game. I don't know
    Love that background, has something of a 3D DOS game feel to it.

As for the animation, I don't know how much experience you have, I don't want to be the idiot giving advice to someone who's my senior of course.
    But in any case, your software seems good for the ink & paint step of production. So you could use something else (like OpenToonz) for drawing the rough animation frames such as keys, extremes and inbetweens, iterate until it's all flowing good, then importing those drawings into pixelyz for the final inking & painting. 
    So making it like rotoscoping, but with you drawing the reference yourself instead of capturing with a camera.
  • sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    RN said:
    Love that background, has something of a 3D DOS game feel to it.

As for the animation, I don't know how much experience you have, I don't want to be the idiot giving advice to someone who's my senior of course.
    But in any case, your software seems good for the ink & paint step of production. So you could use something else (like OpenToonz) for drawing the rough animation frames such as keys, extremes and inbetweens, iterate until it's all flowing good, then importing those drawings into pixelyz for the final inking & painting. 
    So making it like rotoscoping, but with you drawing the reference yourself instead of capturing with a camera.
    I was more thinking about the look and feel. Is thiere enough to explore in 2021 with an esthetic like that. I guess yeah but, I haven't found it yeah. Something with this retro feel and from lucas art game time but with a modern look and feel. 

I did experiment this week end on different environment type. I love another world with his john carter aesthetic. I might be gunning for that. 

I started to test atmospheric effect with the transparency and such and it turned out pretty cool.
  • sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11
    New Pixelyz Beta release

We just launch our new beta of Pixelyz
    We had some brand new features, that will supercharge your work and simplify your art.

Pixelyz was made and improved to give you the possibility to have a unique tool dedicated to pixel art and game dev.
    Create your pixel game character or background easily.
    Animate them faster, and let's the game begin :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5e3lQ6agU
  • sueds
    Offline / Send Message
    sueds polycounter lvl 11

Work in progress with Pixelyz

We implemented a new set of features and now it's even faster to create animation.

We use the ellipse to draw the space ship. Every new feature was made to speed up your production.

Our free trial is available, click on this following link: https://www.pixelyz.com/demopixelyz