Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Corridor Modular Environment

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ChristophLechler polycounter lvl 3
Just finished my latest project This corridor environment is made with MayaLT, Substance Painter and Unreal Engine 4. I wanted to make a smaller scene after the last project at CGMA to reproduce what i learned so far when it comes to modular environment art. I did not use trim sheets this time. Insted I created tiling textures with Substance Painter for the walls, floor etc. For detailing and variation I used decals and smaller props to cover up the repetitive parts. Some assets are from the UE Marketplace, mostly the Underground Subway pack.

Replies

• Gikkio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work, perhaps a greater care in differentiating the shaders, especially the specularity of the materials, in my opinion.
  • ChristophLechler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio said:
    Nice work, perhaps a greater care in differentiating the shaders, especially the specularity of the materials, in my opinion.
    Hi Gikkio,
    thanks for your feedback. You mean the materials should have more roughness variations? Like the table is more glossy as the matres. The garbage bags more glossy as the table etc.?

I missed that point, propably was starring to long on it :) But i will work on improvments .
    Thanks again :)
  • the_good_owl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the_good_owl polygon
    Great scene, love the water puddles. I agree with what Gikkio said, the metal and concrete and trash bags look to be around the same level of roughness/metalness when they would all be quite different. It would really help differentiate between the materials and make it look more realistic.
  • ChristophLechler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great scene, love the water puddles. I agree with what Gikkio said, the metal and concrete and trash bags look to be around the same level of roughness/metalness when they would all be quite different. It would really help differentiate between the materials and make it look more realistic.
    Yes totqally agree with you two :)
    After looking on it multiple times now and knowing that it bothers me haha
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    Looks cool! It feels like the grunge on concrete, ducts and pipe is repeating a lot though. It would be nice to have some areas where the grunge is a bit less
  • Phoenix995
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 polycounter
    Looks cool
    I think it would look even cooler with small assets, like little stones or little broken wood laying around on the ground
    also maybe some stuff hanging off the ceiling.  
  • ChristophLechler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool! It feels like the grunge on concrete, ducts and pipe is repeating a lot though. It would be nice to have some areas where the grunge is a bit less
    Oh thanks will heck this as well
  • ChristophLechler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool
    I think it would look even cooler with small assets, like little stones or little broken wood laying around on the ground
    also maybe some stuff hanging off the ceiling.  
    Jeah i know what you mean, but i did not want to have it like really long time abandoned like that. But i still like that ref. Maybe next time again more damaged stuff hehe