Home Marmoset

Brushes don't show Normal Map

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
GuillaumeLD polycounter lvl 3
Hi,
It the first time I am using Marmoset ToolBag for texturing. I have difficulty to understand why my brush show my normal map in normal texture, but I don't see any normal map effect inside the previewer. I would like to add more detail on my mesh.

When I test with a new project with the mesh smartmat.obj inside the program folder, Everything work, but with my mesh with custom bake. It doesn't work.

I am using Marmoset Toolbag 4.03 (4035)

Thanks for your help
Guillaume

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try going to the Materials tab and making sure the normal map checkbox is enabled
  • GuillaumeLD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @EarthQuake Hi thank for the answer, I just check in the material tab and my normal is check. It seam that the new normal map doesn't go on top of the bake normal map.

• GuillaumeLD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Again Sorry for the Double Post,  But I thing I figure out the problem. I notice that my normal is like to the png of the bake I did.

I see The albedo is write Like that: Albedo Map : From Texture project.

So I look my normal map it was form TV Stand_Normal.png (My bake normal map for my high poly)

So what I did is
    1. I click in the Normal text with the Arrow
    2. Click None
    3. Click Normals

It reset the path and now it was write From texture project:

Now It work!

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah okay, if you loaded your base normal map into the material slot after setting up a texture project that would overwrite the texture content from the texture project. We plan to improve this so that is no longer possible in the future.