Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

VIntage Sewing Machine Blender/Hardsurface practice

Neija
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Neija polycounter lvl 6

Hey everyone, I wanted to share some WIP shots of my vintage sewing machine project. I got a little carried away with all the mechanical parts but I enjoy learning more and more about how a sewing machine actually works. I'm still struggling with the rigging, want to improve that. For the Highpoly I need to polish some of the parts on the top and then do the bottom mechanics properly, they are largely white box right now. I plan to bake this down and texture it to make it game-ready, but I won't care too much about keeping the polycount low as it's mainly a portfolio and blender practice piece.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    This is dope, you even modeled the interior and animated it! Good job!
  • jod13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jod13 triangle
    That looks fantastic! Don't know whether you're going for an aged, beat up vintage machine, like something you'd find in a garage sale, or something all buffed and new looking, like a refurbished piece, but either way would look good. Love the retro colors :) 
  • Neija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neija polycounter lvl 6
    jod13 said:
    That looks fantastic! Don't know whether you're going for an aged, beat up vintage machine, like something you'd find in a garage sale, or something all buffed and new looking, like a refurbished piece, but either way would look good. Love the retro colors :) 

Thank you :) I haven't decided 100% yet but i got some cool references of signs of aging (miscolorations in the paint and metals, small chips and dust..). I think if i'm already on it i would like to push my texturing skills with this one too, so nailing those imperfections is probably a cool challenge. So i guess I'm leaning towards garage sale, but not unusable or destroyed :)
  • vicesalles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a very beautiful work. The animation is almost hypnotic, been watching it for quite a while