Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE5] DOOM Hell Priest Realtime Fan Art Finished

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Jesse Irvin polycounter lvl 11
Excited to share this with the polycount community. This piece has been visualized in UE5 with lumen as support fr lighting along with some nanite used with megascans content to build the backdrop for the mars scenes I'll be posting later. I learned a lot dealing with the shading and am certainly feeling more adventurous now that I have a better understanding. My previous work only wet my appetite. 

The model is built and detailed in Zbrush along with the hard surface. Some may was used to clean retopo some of the hard surface along with zmodeler and zremesher. The Game rez was built in Maya.

The texturing and baking was done in Substance 3D Painter where I took advantage of anchors, generators and tiling maps to build up my material layers.

I'll post more images in a follow up reply soon but you can see more at full rez on my artstation at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QreOG8 as well as some work in progress in the links there. The original concept was from DOOM eternal and done by Alex Palma

Replies

• Jesse Irvin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more detail images here

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This is fantastic, great finish and surfacing to the materials. Nice!
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Flawless work! Totally faithful to the design as well (pun intended)
  • Jesse Irvin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much for the response. glad you like it!
    Here are a few more images, These are the "Mars" shots. I used megascans and nanite to put the environment together as a simple set for the showcase of the model here.

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Looks fantastic, have you thought about/experimented with using Nanite for rigid parts of a character model? 
  • Jesse Irvin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Zac, I have definitely considered it. I opted not to in this instance since I only rigged this model to pose and left the skeleton in maya  since it wasn't going to be used after that. It also would have made my retopo/ game rezzing more complicated since the high poly meshes were booleaned and so I couldn't UV them without building a new mesh. Perhaps I could consider something quick like zremesher as an option to get a mesh that could be UV'd though I also would need to get the model into substance which may have forced me to work in pieces instead of the udim centric Virtual Textures approach I ended up with. That said I'd be curious to see what performance improvements might be gained just moving the low poly hard surface pieces to nanite... An interesting thought for sure :D