Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy Tavern

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
alefrizzo polycounter lvl 2
Hi guys! 
This is a 3D scene I've been working on for the last week, but I'm not happy with the result yet. The scene was made in Blender, and rendered in Cycles. I've tried a lot of fog techniques for the atmospheric in the scene, but it still bothers me. 
I would apreciate if someone could give me some feedbacks about this render, what I should change or what's wrong.
I'm trying to learn by myself and I have a hard time figuring how can I improve it.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, first of all, looks neat! I love the idea, and seems like you've got a good grasp of Blender so far. I've got some composition critiques.
    - The bridge could be helping lead the eye, but right now its brightness is as dark or darker than the background it sits behind. I would find a way to either lighten the texture or light the bridge up. I can also see the bridge is old and missing planks, but that's not really shown in the plank textures. The bridge is also quite steep... Maybe lower the tavern and raise the foreground ground a bit?
    - The position of the sign is making the tavern compete with the sign. It's also in a bit of a weird place, away from the bridge and all.
    - Your mountain is taking up half the image, I feel you could push the mountain to the left to give the tavern more room to breath.
    - Your moon is super bright (the moon itself, not the moonlight). It could be toned down so we could see the texture on it, as well as maybe move it to a different position in the sky?
  • alefrizzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alefrizzo polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate and I'll work on this 😊Ashervisalis said:
    Hey, first of all, looks neat! I love the idea, and seems like you've got a good grasp of Blender so far. I've got some composition critiques.
    - The bridge could be helping lead the eye, but right now its brightness is as dark or darker than the background it sits behind. I would find a way to either lighten the texture or light the bridge up. I can also see the bridge is old and missing planks, but that's not really shown in the plank textures. The bridge is also quite steep... Maybe lower the tavern and raise the foreground ground a bit?
    - The position of the sign is making the tavern compete with the sign. It's also in a bit of a weird place, away from the bridge and all.
    - Your mountain is taking up half the image, I feel you could push the mountain to the left to give the tavern more room to breath.
    - Your moon is super bright (the moon itself, not the moonlight). It could be toned down so we could see the texture on it, as well as maybe move it to a different position in the sky?