Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Help] Texturing XYZ and ZBrush Issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sense42 polycounter lvl 6
I ahve a problem with the texturing xyz workflow. I wanted to try their displacement map, but I encountered an issue when in zbrush. I am projecting the displacement map in Painter and then export the result and separate the 3 channels. In zbrush when I enable the displacement I see the result on the left, but when I apply the displacement the mesh inflates and I end up wiht the result on the right. This happen for all channels.

Has anyone ever faced this issue? Do anyone know how to solve this?

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Are you applying displacement to an already complete mesh, thereby displacing an already finished form? 
  • Sense42
    Offline / Send Message
    Sense42 polycounter lvl 6
    @kanga
    Yes, I am displacing and already finished mesh. I am applying the displacement on subD level 7 and I get the result on the right. I noticed that the preview match the result only if I click on the mode button in the displacement tab. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or there's a bug in zbrush.

Currently my solution is storing a morph target, applying the displacement stronger than it need to be, go back to subdivision 6, switch the morph target and go back to level 7. I also record this on a layer to adjust the strength in the end.
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    from my memory of zbrush, there is a difference between 'applyiing' a dsiplacement map and displaying  - jsut knock the strength down( or use a layer/morph like you mentioned)