Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Finished: Lumara Grove - WoW Inspired Environment

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
kateblacks polycounter lvl 4
Hi all! I recently finished up an environment through Ashleigh Warner's handpainting CGMA class. It was heavily inspired by Blademoon Bloom in WoW. Fully rendered in UE4 at a locked camera - I'd like to take more detail shots but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Is there anything people would feel they would want to see along with the final render? I wanted to do some minor wind animation, I have some of it hooked up but haven't fleshed out more, I think that could be fun. Any help is appreciated :) Hope you all like it!

ArtStation post: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Ooo3PJ

Also, I'm currently looking for new opportunities as an environment and prop artist, any leads or signal boosts are appreciated. My email is kateblacks@outlook.com. Thanks :)

Replies

• SCSquiggles
    Hi all! I recently finished up an environment through Ashleigh Warner's handpainting CGMA class. It was heavily inspired by Blademoon Bloom in WoW. Fully rendered in UE4 at a locked camera - I'd like to take more detail shots but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Is there anything people would feel they would want to see along with the final render? I wanted to do some minor wind animation, I have some of it hooked up but haven't fleshed out more, I think that could be fun. Any help is appreciated :) Hope you all like it!

ArtStation post: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Ooo3PJ

Also, I'm currently looking for new opportunities as an environment and prop artist, any leads or signal boosts are appreciated. My email is kateblacks@outlook.com. Thanks :)
    @kateblacks This is so beautiful. I know you shared this last year but I just wanted to say that you did a fantastic job on it. I couldn't even tell at first glance that it was a 3D piece, let alone done in Unreal. It legit looks like you painted it in Photoshop or a digital art software which is a testament to your hand-painting skills.
    Would have loved to have seen a breakdown of how you approached this piece. But overall, fantastic! Simply fantastic  <3<3<3