Home Technical Talk

Why do some people sink geometry into the objects, and some are merging vertex together?

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d sublime tool
    One saves time and energy (and spends less triangles), the other saves uv space/texture resolution. Comes down to what the asset is used for, how much screenspace would it take (size of asset), and maybe how important and closely viewed it would be.
  • Radiance80
    Thank you for your answer, but I still can't quite figure it out, could you help me with this? Write more detailed or maybe you could give the material for reading or familiarization, so that I could understand, since I did not find the information in Google.
  • Radiance80
    @FrankPolygon WOW just WOW. I have no other words, you helped even more than I could have imagined, I am grateful to you for all the material provided. There is many new thing and very interesting material to learn.  And thank YOU for the helping me and warm welcome!
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp quad damage
    What really grinds my gears is when I get to see a lowpoly teeth model where all the teeth are individually modeled chunks, stuck into a lowpoly gum mesh where you can clearly see the intersections everywhere. And of course unwrapped as unique islands.

The most likely 'technical' reason I can come with for that is.... some people are just sloppy. :P   

• Radiance80
    @sprunghunt Very informative squeeze on the topic, thank you for your attention to the problem and the help you provided!