• Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    Carlosan polycounter lvl 10

website-banner-1920px-releasejpg

So, we are one step closer to the release of the long-awaited 3DCoat 2021. Today we are happy to announce the start of the Open Beta Test for the 3DCoat 2021!

What this means is that we have a stable enough version of the next-gen 3DCoat and we encourage you to try it and give us your feedback about it.

Based on the results of the Beta Test and your feedback, we shall be able to decide on the best release date for 3DCoat 2021, but obviously, the intention is to launch it as soon as possible.

On behalf of the entire Pilgway team, we are deeply thankful for your understanding and support of 3DCoat. Your help allows us to make 3DCoat better, faster, and more efficient in catering to your art needs.  

Link to download (Win only currently, Mac&Linux a bit later):

https://pilgway.com/files/3dcoat/V4.9/3d-Coat-V2021-B39-64.exe

The feature list is here.

• Carlosan
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Glad to see the GUI is getting some work done, full customization sounds great.

Sad though that it seems the paint room is still being ignored based on the 'new features' section. Made a post over on the 3DC Forums in hopes paint will get some more attention: https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25519-painting-improvements/
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • frmdbl
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter
    I just downloaded the 2021 BETA. 

I really don't understand how anyone decent and in their right mind can call this 'a new UI' and I really don't get why you'd need low poly modelling in 3DC.

• Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    SPEEDART FULL TIMELAPSE by Maximus

</>https://youtu.be/5SCS2cL6axg</>

• Carlosan
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    3DCoat 2021 To Be Released on July 12th!

Pilgway studio are happy to announce the long-awaited 3DCoat 2021 is officially coming out on July 12th, 2021, with a soft-launch, including the new web-site and services planned to start from July 5th, 2021! This next-gen version of 3DCoat features a huge amount of improvements and new tools, all to make 3DCoat a versatile professional program for the creation of 3D art.
    Please, read on to find out in detail about what’s coming to the family of 3DCoat products.

Our next-gen version of 3DCoat comes with an array of new innovative features and tools, all to make your production process faster and smoother. A completely new Brush Engine, rich Curves Toolset, Low-Poly Modeling, Smart Retopo, New GUI, Sculpt Layers are just a few things to mention. Check out 3DCoat’s 2021 feature set and watch the video demonstrations presented on our website.
    One important change in the licensing policy is that 3DCoat 2021 will become practically FREE to learn and practice for as long as you wish! Once the fully functional 30-day trial expires, you will be able to continue using the program in the so called ‘Learning Mode’, where you can save your creations in the internal .3b format, and even export your models into external formats with limitations, free-of-charge. This should remove the boundaries for the artists who are new to 3DCoat and would like to spend more time learning the capabilities of the program before making a decision on the license.
    Speaking about the Licensing Policies with 3DCoat 2021, we have those updated and we’ll be introducing more licensing options with regards to the Individual and Company customers, as well as licenses for Universities and Students. When it comes to the Purchasing options, we’ll have it all from the good-old one-time-purchase permanent license to the various renting plans, and even something unique as a Rent-to-Own option, where we offer the customers to buy out their permanent license through renting and paying out the license by installments. This will be a great way to get a permanent license without the need to pay a sizeable amount of money at once!
    Those who already own a previous version of 3DCoat (V2-V4) will be able to upgrade to 3DCoat 2021, starting from July 5th once the 2021 version becomes available. The cost of the upgrade will vary, depending on the license type and the time of purchase, but usually it will be a fraction of the full license cost (or even free in case you purchased a 3DCoat V4 Professional license after 1 August 2020 till 5 July 2021 and get upgraded to 3DCoat 2021 Individual license). With the upgrade you will receive 12 months of free program updates.

On top of 3DCoat 2021, we will also introduce a completely Free library of high-quality PBR Scans, samples, masks and relief (of approx. 2500 files in total), downloadable in portions every month. Every month the users will receive 120 units, which they can spend on Smart Materials, samples, masks etc of their choice and download those for free.

Last, but not least, we are introducing a very new product in the 3DCoat family! 3DCoatTextura is a tailored version of 3DCoat 2021 which has all its professional tools for 3D Painting/Texturing and Rendering at a more affordable price. In simple terms 3DCoatTextura is a special version of 3DCoat which has all its Painting/Texturing and Rendering capabilities. It is designed especially for people who create 3D models in other software and need a professional tool for Painting/Texturing at a very sweet price, as well as with the option of Rent-to-own.
  • Carlosan
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    I can't stop loving 3D-Coat. It's such a pleasure to use it, and the future seems even more exciting !
  • Carlosan
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Anyone who can guide me on how to get the Applink to work between 3D coat and Blender 2.93?
  • Carlosan
  • Technomancr
    Offline / Send Message
    Technomancr polycounter lvl 5
    Although I already have the full 3D Coat, I am really looking forward to Textura offering folks a Substance Painter alternative.
  • frmdbl
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter

I've just downloaded 3dcoat 2021 RC1. Where's the 'New UI' for the love of god? (As it was advertised)

Despite the small layout changes the UI looks like something taken from a Linux distro circa mid 2000s,

Are these icons using Gnome 2.4 as an inspiration? They wouldn't be out of place here.

btw. Also where are the equivalents of Zbrush's 'Clay Polish' and Zbrush's Noise tool along with the variety of noises?
    (to say the 3d Coat's noise tool is limited is an understatement)

Are these going to make their appearance before 3d Coat 2030 or is procedural bush creation coming first ?
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    @frmdbl : from what I understand, whenever they show new features in announcement videos ... said features are available in (or soon coming to) the latest beta, but are not part of the current stable commercial version.
  • frmdbl
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter
    @pior
    Not sure what your point is.

I downloaded 2021 release candidate, they advertised 'New UI' in 2021.
    I was really hoping for an overhaul that would make 3dcoat step up the game,
    but I really see nothing that would substantiate this claim.

In fact I think these icons are worse than before.

The rest of my post is a bit of an ironic take on the fact that they add stuff like node editor instead of making the sculpting feature set more complete.

• Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message

RC2

- Much better look in 4K. Controls scaled correctly. If you want an even bigger UI you may change the font, now it works better as well. If need you may adjust the interline distance and vertical shift of letters if need (in Preferences->Theme). If you will find some badly scaled controls - please report.

- Shaders construction fixed.

- Correct the scale of the smart material depth in scaled scenes.

- Progress bar (as header message) for long file copy during migration.

- some missing UI elements were recovered (rooms properties).

- For SpineTool Possibility to add (if hold Cntrl) Point By Click for mode Spline. Also can to Rotate the Spline Knots

• pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    @frmdbl : Oh, I was just referring to how you were seemingly looking for a feature that didn't seem to be in the release, as this is something that happened to me earlier (downloading the latest trial to check out a recently announced feature, only to find out that it was beta only). Anyways - after a few occurrences of that I ended up just letting it go and sticking to the version I currently have :)
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    11.07.21 RC3

- Fixed problem of flipped alpha when stroke starts.
    - Fixed red frames with CTRL SHIFT.
    - Shader assignment with nodes fixed.
    - Polishing. Mesh preview got color. Corrected annoying messages appearance.
    - 3d printing room. Generally 3d printing menu and functionality polished.
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    We are moving to a new website. 3DCOAT purchases and other services are temporarily unavailable. We expect all the services to go live within the next 24 hours.
    Please, accept our apologies for the inconveniences.
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    12.07.21 3DCoat-2021.01

- Reassigning shaders fixed.

- "View->Show separate axis" works correctly.

- If the scene has nodes attached the baking dialog will remind to bake nodes first.

- "Bake->Bake w/ Per Pixel Painting w/ Displacement" bakes the color from layers and shader correctly.

- Nodes baking into scene correct.

- a lot of small polishing, a lot of icons updated.
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    3DCoat 2021 and 3DCoat Textura Released !
    https://3dcoat.com/

Our next-gen version of 3DCoat comes with an array of new innovative features and tools, all to make your production process faster and smoother. A completely new Brush Engine, rich Curves Toolset, Low-Poly Modeling, Smart Retopo, New GUI, Sculpt Layers are just a few things to mention. Check out 3DCoat’s 2021 feature set and watch the video demonstrations presented on our website.
    One important change in the licensing policy is that 3DCoat 2021 will become practically FREE to learn and practice for as long as you wish! Once the fully functional 30-day trial expires, you will be able to continue using the program in the so called ‘Learning Mode’, where you can save your creations in the internal .3b format, and even export your models into external formats with limitations, free-of-charge. This should remove the boundaries for the artists who are new to 3DCoat and would like to spend more time learning the capabilities of the program before making a decision on the license.
    Speaking about the Licensing Policies with 3DCoat 2021, we have those updated and we’ll be introducing more licensing options with regards to the Individual and Company customers, as well as licenses for Universities and Students. When it comes to the Purchasing options, we’ll have it all from the good-old one-time-purchase permanent license to the various renting plans, and even something unique as a Rent-to-Own option, where we offer the customers to buy out their permanent license through renting and paying out the license by installments. This will be a great way to get a permanent license without the need to pay a sizeable amount of money at once!
    Those who already own a previous version of 3DCoat (V2-V4) will be able to upgrade to 3DCoat 2021, starting from July 5th once the 2021 version becomes available. The cost of the upgrade will vary, depending on the license type and the time of purchase, but usually it will be a fraction of the full license cost (or even free in case you purchased a 3DCoat V4 Professional license after 1 August 2020 till 5 July 2021 and get upgraded to 3DCoat 2021 Individual license). With the upgrade you will receive 12 months of free program updates.

On top of 3DCoat 2021, we will also introduce a completely Free library of high-quality PBR Scans, samples, masks and relief (of approx. 2500 files in total), downloadable in portions every month. Every month the users will receive 120 units, which they can spend on Smart Materials, samples, masks etc of their choice and download those for free.

Last, but not least, we are introducing a very new product in the 3DCoat family! 3DCoatTextura is a tailored version of 3DCoat 2021 which has all its professional tools for 3D Painting/Texturing and Rendering at a more affordable price. In simple terms 3DCoatTextura is a special version of 3DCoat which has all its Painting/Texturing and Rendering capabilities. It is designed especially for people who create 3D models in other software and need a professional tool for Painting/Texturing at a very sweet price, as well as with the option of Rent-to-own.

• gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
     I wonder where is  3dcoat new node based editor . I seems can't find it.    Evrything looks perfectly same as before   , I hardly see any changes.

Is 3d coat capable to something like this  now:  

I would buy instantly

For a couple years already  I wait when competition makes  something  equally simple and easy .
    Lost my hope on  Substance Designer and Painter  already . While in Painter  it's somewhat possible but gosh what monstrously inconvenient it is there with blurry final results because of same decades old issue of no pixel grid snapping  .

And  just recently lost my last hope  with Alchemist/Sampler . Even proper depth mix  is not working there.
    Time to start saving for Mari  probably.

Please , somebody tell me  3d coat  can do it too  now.

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    @gnoopmaybe you're waiting for something that won't happen. Even if it looks cool, Mari is tailored for films and not for game art.
    While Substance & 3DCoat clearly aims this field.
    I don't say each can't go on both fields, but they have predilection fields they're designed for
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Vexod14 said:
    @gnoopmaybe you're waiting for something that won't happen. Even if it looks cool, Mari is tailored for films and not for game art.
    While Substance & 3DCoat clearly aims this field.
    I don't say each can't go on both fields, but they have predilection fields they're designed for
    What's shown in this  video  is not specifically related to movies .    I do so every day   for a game and what a pain in your a... to do it  in so called  game art focused things.  

Both Substance Designer  and Painter  blur  any  floating bitmap piece with every scale or move  because they can't do it with respect to pixel grid  .  Like move exactly  3 pixels right.    You have to work with  8192 sized master file  and scale down at export.   Only Mari allows you to do so easily.      Designer is a bit more easy with that but gosh how much  extra clicks and  custom nodes  that stop to work properly after  each next update you have to do. 

Alchemist / Sampler  couldn't even  mix anything without height artifacts :  

Photoshop  and  Affinity photo  , especially the later one,  allow you  to work that way , compositing something  quickly   from a library  using depth  MAx/lighter blending and dynamic masks .     But you see no actual material preview.   And have to keep a hell of a layer stack.

For decades already  I am waiting when somebody make an  easy and quick material composer for games   and still nothing in sight  yet.   

I held a lot of hope on Affinity Photo , their totally non-destructive layer system  allows to do wonders but  Photo is  still lacking a few very  necessary  things and  they don't seem as wanting to  fix it. 

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    Perhaps it could be worth bringing some design ideas/feedbacks to the table, how the toolset could work best with clear examples of what you would like to use in a perfect world (I still don't get how hard the problem seems to be, but I guess waiting for a decade is enough to prove others it's important for you)
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I
    Vexod14 said:
    Perhaps it could be worth bringing some design ideas/feedbacks to the table
    I'v been writing it for decades  in multiple  soft support forums.  Tired of it already.

In 3d coat one  few years  ago for example  about how  useless  layer's  Max  (depth)  blending mode is  without  matching  automatic   mask for color and roughness  . I could do such dynamic mask even in Photoshop    but not in 3d coat .   While it simple like 2x2 rally.  

My guess Alechemist and  Quixel mixer  have been both made as a try for material composer  yet it still  easier to do in  Affinity Photo  because of  both  softs weird limitations   nobody is going to fix.

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    Sure, but you're probably not as efficient in photoshop as you are in 3DCoat/other 3D painting software to actually paint in 3D (it's just one example)

My point is that all these softwares have their strenghts, and a user base who is accustomed to it. So surprising your users with a tool they will probably not understand/use rather than bringing existing tools on a new level wouldn't be wise I think. Not meaning your request makes no sense, but "maybe" it's still not a priority compared to all the others bugfix/feature request list they have. Yet I'm sure they've heard you well and maybe they've started to work on it on their side

From what I know by working on the support/design side of another software, priority is a strong point to evaluate each time a request is made. Here are some of the parameters we take in account, keep in mind that it's not limited to this and also that Pilgway's team may probably follow different rules : 
    - Is there some workaround to achieve this ?
    - Is this request awaited by a lot of users ?
    - Is this feature in line with our roadmap ?
    - Is this feature a long term one ?
    - How many devs does it require ?
    - Do we have enough devs available [when] to shift on this task ?
    - Is there another software that does it already and then how would the user would benefit of it through our own design ?
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    Create a new shader on Sculpt Room and edit it opening Nodes Editor.

Extensive documentation is on the way.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Yeah. I understand.    It's like Mixer working only with square textures ( last time I tried). 
    I hardly ever do  square shaped texture.   It's usually 1x2  or even 1x4.

So Mixer is  useless for me   and I am amazed  other people  may prefer square textures . 
    They are hard to tile as a road texture for example  ,  hard to pack anything uniquely unwrapped .  

in my opinion it's a first thing they would have to "fix" but looks like nobody cares

• Carlosan
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
  • Carlosan
  • Carlosan
    Offline / Send Message
    Last chance to get a launch discount on your 2021 or 3DCoatTextura. The deals offer ending in literally 3 hours: https://pilgway.com
  • Carlosan
  • Michael Knubben
    Edit: Got a response.

Since I don't get a reply through support (Jul 14!), I'll just ask here:
    The new website's saying I don't have an account there. I do have my key though, as well as the email proof of purchase from back in the day (V4). How do I get a customer account now?

• gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Where is that promised node based material editor  I saw youtube videos about?    Couldn't find it in new 3dcoat  and my trial will expire soon.
  • Axi5
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    gnoop said:
    Where is that promised node based material editor  I saw youtube videos about?    Couldn't find it in new 3dcoat  and my trial will expire soon.
    I almost forgot about those, they're there but hard to find and finnicky and I just had it crash on me so I guess it's not ready for prime time yet.

Firstly you have to have a mesh in the sculpt room, then in the sculpt tree if you right click the mesh and choose "Edit Shader Settings" a dialog will open where you can hit "Edit Nodes" and it'll load the nodes interface.