Home Adobe Substance

Publish from Substance Designer to Painter is Broken

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
XilenceX polycounter lvl 10
As you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNkfc5bsIWs
Publishing anything from Substance Designer to Painter which generates straight sharp edges is broken for us.
I've uploaded the .sbs file, so that you can publish the SBSAR file to Painter if you like, and see how it breaks there. 
Please let me know how to fix this issue! 
I'm assuming it may have something to do with an output setting, currently they're all at default. 

I'm using Substance Painter 2020.2.2.

PS: I realize that this thread is kind of similar to the previous one I created. But I've put in dozens of hours more research into this issue by now and discovered, that it's bigger than I expected. Plus no solution was found in the previous thread.
So I decided to create a new one with a video, Substance file provided etc. to help with solving the issue.
This issue is slowing down our game production a lot, so it basically has to be solved somehow. 

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    as per my response in your last thread - have you logged this as a bug with allegorithmic support? 
    if this is actually broken, posting here won't do you any good. 

Have you tried fixing the warning at publish time ? 

• XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe said:
    as per my response in your last thread - have you logged this as a bug with allegorithmic support? 
    if this is actually broken, posting here won't do you any good. 

Have you tried fixing the warning at publish time ? 

Yes, I've posted a bug report over on the Substance Forum.
    Sorry that I didn't reply to you earlier, I just felt like that thread was a bit outdated since this is about more than just the Edge Detect node. 

Yeah, as per the Allegorithmic  support staff suggestion I tried setting the graph to relative to parent resolution. 
    This fixes the warning at publish time that you mentioned, if I understood correctly which warning you meant. 
    It doesn't fix the issue at hand, though.

So far Allegorithmic  support staff hasn't been super helpful, so I'm still hopeful to get better advice here. 
    If someone here knows Substance Designer + Painter well, I think it would be quite possible to offer better advice, since from support staff I only got a standard reply they post below most posts in that forum section. 

Overall, I'm hoping that by including the .SBS file and video of what the issue is, someone will recognize the issue and tell me the solution, or a workaround.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well - the good news is that it works for me 

What's your setup ? 
    I'm on 
    designer 2021.1.2
    painter 2021.1.0 
    I've got a 3080 with drivers I got last week (so probably latest)

• XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe said:
    well - the good news is that it works for me 

What's your setup ? 
    I'm on 
    designer 2021.1.2
    painter 2021.1.0 
    I've got a 3080 with drivers I got last week (so probably latest)

Well that's fascinating! 
    Both designer & painter are version 2020.2.2 
    I've got a 3070 with drivers from December, though I doubt that that matters since Painter uses CPU engine.

Could you please somehow send me the SBSAR you exported from Designer 2021.1.2 ?
    I find workupload quite convenient, but totally up to you how you prefer to send the file. 
    Then I could test if your SBSAR works in my version of Painter and we could isolate the issue to either Designer, or Painter 2020.

Just to be sure, did you change anything, to make it work?
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message