Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Any tips on making this more realistic? Struggling on this for a while. Thanks!

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    looks plenty realistic too me. Only thing that looks a tad off maybe is the blanket on top of the bed, mainly the side facing the camera. Especially beneath the pillows. Looks hard somehow and blends into the carpet a little bit.
  • GOODGRIEF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOODGRIEF triangle
    I agree with @JohannesAg, this is looking good so far but a few things stand out to me. The blanket being the main thing. It feels too flat other than the wrinkles on the right hand side, almost like melted ice cream on a plate. The left side facing the camera seems too perfectly draped and the odd crease on the back end. Also you may need more supporting loops at the ends since it looks like smoothing is rounding out the corners (left + right side front corners) when blankets are usually squarely pointed at the ends.

Overall, great work. The assets themselves look great I especially like the pillows and the lamps. Keep it up!
  • samarth7523
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samarth7523 polycounter lvl 2
    This one looks like a render, but I want this one to look like a photo. May be materials are a bit off. Be harsh and tell me what can I improve. Thanks. 
  • Bibosch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bibosch polycounter lvl 4
    Hey, 
    first of all, this looks really amazing. This is close to realism. :)

I noticed 5 Things:
    1. The shadow looks crispy.
    2. The blanket is round here. Normally on this position it would be peaked.
    3. This area looks blurry and was the part which bothered me the most.The normals look washed out.
    4. The carpet looks flufffy on the right side of the image where it is illuminated, but the marked area looks stiff and hard, like a board.
    5. This area looks also a bit washed out. I would expect here a little sharper edge.