Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I started an animated series called " David The Modern Day Christian "

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
grumix8 polycounter lvl 3

This video took me 1 month to make pls tell me what you think ;D.

Replies

• JamesBrisnehan
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    Well. . . it's kind or rough, and seems like you are pretty new to 3D animation. . . But everyone starts somewhere. With enough study and practice, you could make something great though. 
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you I taught myself and did something amazing.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    @grumix8
    Have you ever watched Martin Scorsese's "Silence" before?

Or the TV series "Rami?"
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    Lon live the bagpipers, nope I have neither seen one of those but their good from the look sof it. Silence is important very sensitive information. Me I know many stories of the jesuit order but know they are not from G-d but masonic order for power and money. I'm still finishing season 1 and 2 of david still in season 1. season 3 will be awesome.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    @grumix8

Right now, what you're making seems unintelligible, unorganized, and unattractive despite the artistic intentions.

I would really look into simplifying and scoping down what you're trying to do.

Look to games like "That Dragon, Cancer," or shows like VeggieTales, as ways to effectively, and succinctly, bring faith into various mediums.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    What i'm doing is very complicated I know you don't understand. But for me people who have watch did understand. I did not use advance graphics because I don't have such an advance computer. Believe me I would do advance graphics and due to time. How things are in the world several complications like you know have thwarted all my goals.

Thank you Choi wait till I finish because what I have written and made will make people understand the most important secrets of the bible. And i'm A 20 year old christian who dedicated A lot of time reading and learning. Don't think I don't know it took me 4 months understand the concept of cartoon making, 3 months to master synfig and 2 month to understand blender and lipsync.

I work for long time and have good things and I know it could be better but did it simple and cheap. I did the music, animation, the concept idea, and the whole thing and I did it fast.  2 weeks to make A cartoon while it takes people 1 month or 2 month. I work and have A living. It wasn't easy for me to get 7 month journey. Believe me wait until I finish and you will see what I say will make you even question religion and finding the true things in the bible and make people doubt themselves.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    @grumix8
    I'm a 28 year old degenerate comedian character artist who Jesus still loves presumably, who's worked on films and video games for the last 10 years of varying scopes, from Diablo 3 to indie games like What Remains of Edith Finch.  Your story is one of hundreds I have heard from other creatives in Los Angeles, especially the entertainment professionals I know at my church and the strip clubs, comedy shows, improv theaters, bars, and alleyways of this city of tacos, sweat, and gasoline.

Take it from me, if you want more people to understand and absorb the work you're doing, you need to work smarter and scope down.

That's really dope that you're puttting in all this free time effort, Dersu, but working hard doesn't automatically mean you're going to get the best results.  Work smart, Scope it down, make this more managable and efficient for yourself.  Think about the shows you love, and then read the credits.  It takes ARMIES of artists to get a minute of great, memorable video done.  Even the animators on youtube have teams of editors and animators getting the busy work done for 15 minute videos.

We're not your friends or family, we're strangers (but professionals) on the internet.  I'm assuming you'd like for your complicated work to also be understood by people outside of your personal circles, right?
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think your degenerate and Jesus he loves ya, your very intillegent. I'm not from L.A. my story is different then theirs and it's dope you said and you called me dersu, i'm not dersu  I know people with that name ;D. I'll ask you Choi to wait and you will see something amazing, my knowlegde and reading hebrew is very dedicated . I am a 20 year old christian I know hard for you to understand your not christian I feel you have battle with Christ in your heart and the devil must be attacking.

You know I also make cartoons about P-bots and Pugs:Weasley and Pugsley's adventure. But G-d was more important to make don't worry i'm making A season and all the mistakes you say i'm correcting. Thank you for asking.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    @grumix8
    especially the entertainment professionals I know at my church and the strip clubs, comedy shows, improv theaters, bars, and alleyways of this city of tacos, sweat, and gasoline.

Take your time to read and understand the wisdom I'm trying to give you.  Please.  You're 20.  You still have a lot of soft skills to learn.  You're going to have a bad time if you expect your work to be receieved well if you don't work smart.

You're telling me this isn't your Patreon, Dersu Aspiazu?
    https://www.patreon.com/Grumix8/creators
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry :open_mouth: i'm not dersu and i'm not 20 ;D i'm older than you. Thank you I do hear wisdom and your wise Choi simply I play coy with people no disrespect to you. I intend no disrespect I apologize didn't mean to offend you. I hear your wisdom and know I will finish my series. G-d has given me a mission in life and I do preach the word in the streets.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    What I will do I give you my word will impress you and I will reveal secrets of the bible.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    grumix8 said:
    ... i'm not 20 ;D i'm older than you. Thank you I do hear wisdom and your wise Choi simply I play coy with people no disrespect to you. I intend no disrespect I apologize didn't mean to offend you...
    grumix8 said:
    ... I am a 20 year old christian I know hard for you to understand ...

So you're a liar.  Okay, I'm taking off my respect hat.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    no no no you misunderstood :open_mouth: i'm older than 30 yrs but 20yrs being A christian :open_mouth: knowing G-d and reading the bible that sort of stuff. Please don't call people liars I see Choi your smart but I see you don't understand the way of talk like the old days, when people say A day is a night and morning complete and sometimes people will say a day isn't A night but 24 hours exactly. And I said like 20 yrs christian through out my life, but i'm older than 30 yrs.

I did not mean to be confusing you did not understand what way i was speaking, I was speaking I had a night and day and was not exact. night being my 20 yrs and day meaning my 30yrs you know sometimes the bible speaks that way.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I meant i'm 20 yrs old as a christian but i'm 30 yrs old. You misunderstood that is all.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh ok, that makes sense.  My apologies.

Don't play coy with strangers.  I had a guy, upon first meeting me, once double down on a "joke"  saying a satire article was the real truth as he presented it to me, and the next time he said he wanted to hire me as a professional musician on his production crew, I had very little interest in joining him on anything.

I did take some free weed brownies from him though.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    hahahah XD okay my next episode is coming up just finish making the verses of the bible episode 4 is about the law and how the law is not to stop people tryng to worship G-d ;D.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    There is nothing new about your message. Your production suffers from a number of problems. Using new media doesn't automatically enhance communication, especially if you use that media incorrectly.
  • grumix8
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you Kanga I have made great progress I didn't understand how to make cartoons and it's hard. Break that threshold and did something amazing. You will see I get better ;D.