Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hello friends! Please help me to fix jitter flickering problem in Unreal!

Anastasiya
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Anastasiya polycounter lvl 7
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/9rZ2nLpmZ0A

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    First of all, i dont think this is the right thread for (semi)technical problems.
    Secondly, can you pin-point what the problem is exactly? I see a few different issues in that video but i want to be clear on what you mean by jittering and/or flickering.
  • Anastasiya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you teodar23,
    When the time is at 0:23 seconds, the sunbeds appear to "flicker" whenever I start moving the camera.

Any other
    feedback is very welcome!

• JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan sublime tool
    The flickering only seems to happen when the top/sunlit face of the chair is a pixel or two wide from the camera's perspective. Also, in a still frame, the flicker kind of looks like a Bokeh blur artifact from a camera lens since it's the same width as the blur from other parts of the chair. 

Have you tried:
    1 - Moving the camera up to a higher angle for that shot
    2 - changing the depth of field settings on the camera to make the chairs the center of focus of the shot.
    3 - rendering at a higher resolution then downsizing the video, or using a stronger antialiasing?
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    What method of antialiasing are you using? If you havent changed the default then its TAA and it should not allow aliasing like that.
    Another thing you should check is the quality setting and set it to cinematic.
    If all else fails just change the camera angle.
  • Anastasiya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @teodar23 I'm using TemporalAA Method. I set the quality to cinematic. And I've changed the camera angle twice. But the problem still exists.

• Anastasiya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan  I've tried moving the camera up and down and I've played with the depth of field settings on the camera and made the chairs the center of focus. But the problem still exists. I'll try to downsize the video and I'll let you know once the result is out.  
    Thanks for your reply!