Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Prop & Environment Art - Sony a7iii Pyramid Desert

mbanksj
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
mbanksj polycounter lvl 7

Created this environment to showcase my Sony a7iii model, I modeled it in blender using non-destructive methods.
The environment was created using procedural methods - nodes, instances
This was my first time using cycles, normally I use Unreal 4

Replies

• pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    The dunes and the pyramids don't seem realistically blended.
  • mbanksj
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks for the feedback!
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    An expensive piece of kit too leave in the dirt :)

Would love too see a breakdown on the camera - modeled via boolean & bevel modifier workflow, I'd assume?
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    mbanksj said:

How about the pebbles at the left side of the picture? Are some integrated in the material? And how many other pebbles did you sculpt?
     I wanted to make a desert scene and have rocks and pebbles like that, but didn't know how to approach this efficiently
  • mbanksj
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi said:

Would love too see a breakdown on the camera - modeled via boolean & bevel modifier workflow, I'd assume?
    For the Camera correct, it is non-destructive workflow so It can be used for game development if needed.
  • mbanksj
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry said:
    mbanksj said:

How about the pebbles at the left side of the picture? Are some integrated in the material? And how many other pebbles did you sculpt?
     I wanted to make a desert scene and have rocks and pebbles like that, but didn't know how to approach this efficiently

The rocks were created using procedural methods using displacement, then scattered using particle system instancing, this WAS the best workflow until 2.92 comes out, check out their new geometry nodes on youtube, you will see a helpful tutorial.

I'm currently working on break-downs
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    mbanksj said:
    sacboi said:

For the Camera correct, it is non-destructive workflow so It can be used for game development if needed.
    Thanks for the response and...

mbanksj said:

[snip]

I'm currently working on break-downs
    Look forward too seeing your process.

Cheers.