Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Silver Knight Character Concept

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dayl polycounter lvl 7
Hello all! I'm starting work on an old character of mine, bringing it up to date (Hopefully!). I'm eventually going to 3D model it, but I'm starting out with the concept here. This is end of day 1. Please let me know what you think. Anything that comes to mind! I'll incorporate it when I continue tomorrow. 

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Looks like medieval armor meet dead space suit
    I am big advocate for backstory when designing stuff so if you want to improve/push your design you might want to made some
    Like who is going to wear it is he rich/poor is he part of an order/loner is he young/old  whats the setting environment/year/style
    Also if its going to be functional design you might want to follow this path function=>form+>aesthetic
  • Dayl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dayl polycounter lvl 7
    He does indeed have a back story! His name is Rhien. He is the son of a king who's throne was usurped, and was therefore born in exile. His mother was half Elven, and was killed when he was five. His father disguised himself as a blacksmith, and brought his son up to follow in his footsteps, however he was soon consumed by depression over his wife's death and left Rhien in the care of a close friend. Thus, Rhien was brought up as a blacksmith in the city, unaware of his heritage. Yet he always felt something was lacking, and longed for adventure.

This concept is part way through the story, when he has had a taste of adventure, and has become skilled in conjuration magic, and conjured his first set of armour, which he dons to become 'The Silver Knight'. He is a loner who uses magic to teleport into the heart of the enemy fortress and strike deadly blows upon his opponents, before vanishing in a cloud of silver smoke.

The setting is a medieval/Renaissance period fantasy.

Update:
  • Dayl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dayl polycounter lvl 7
    Is the head too big?
  • Dayl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dayl polycounter lvl 7
    Should I just give up on art? 
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    That's an interesting story full of cliches lol but good enough to fire your imagination also his father been a blacksmith he could have any custom build armor he want .I suggest you slim this lower half
    "s the head too big?"
    :: definitely expect in case you want chubby version of frodo
    "Should I just give up on art? "
    :: thats always an option , the easy one
  • Dayl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dayl polycounter lvl 7
    Wow, that's an amazing improvement, thank you so much! I won't give up on art just yet! :D