Home Technical Talk

Which pipelines and technologies to use for both animation film and video games in 3D modeling ?

Hello,
I am new to 3D modeling and I was wondering : Is it possible to use the same model in an animation film (high poly) and in a video game (low poly) ? If so, how would it be possible and which software would be the most convenient to do so ?
Best regards,
Drimea

Replies

• wonkza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wonkza polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not sure I understand the question, you want to use a high poly model for a game and a low poly model for a movie?
    If you want to use an animation model for a video game you can but usually, models for movies are way more high poly than they are for games, you should transfer the details with maps on a low poly model from the high poly.
  • Drimea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,
    Thank you for your answer.
    What I wanted to say is that I want to use a video game model in an animation (from low poly to high poly). Is there an easy way to do that ?
    I still have the high poly used in the video game model but they don't have enough poly to be used in the animation. Should i use this model instead of the low poly one ? And which software would be the best to do that ?

Best regards,
    Drimea
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Without seeing your model its hard to say.
    If you have a highly detailed game model it does work fine for animation depending on what you would like todo.

A Disney Character is something different than a Kratos in God of War. And there are a lot of new produciton out there they use the same Character for ingame and the Kids Tv Series.