Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Control Fanart

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Francois_K interpolator
Been two months since I started this in my spare time , finally finished the low poly today , still fixing some things on it. Almost done with most of the bakes too.

Here's a wip.

Replies

• Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
     First texture pass

• Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    Bit of progress on the side.
    Realized I need to fix quite a few things, will get the texturing done on the majority of him before I start addressing them 

• Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    update.
    Spent a lot of time on fixing some topology issues and UV issues and little things here and there and experimenting.

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    You need to spend some time in MD. the clothing (particularly the trousers) have too little material to produce convincing folds and stretches. Perhaps fiddle with the pattern and use pins where the material falls too much.
  • Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    kanga said:
    You need to spend some time in MD. the clothing (particularly the trousers) have too little material to produce convincing folds and stretches. Perhaps fiddle with the pattern and use pins where the material falls too much.
    Yeah.....yeah I agree... I mean the thought behind the tight pants/shirt were never really made for this type of character ( from the game control ) , it was meant to be a rapper who on the reference picture was wearing actually pretty tight pants and a tight t-shirt. I only ended up improvising it later on. But yeah I agree. Am gonna go over the MD clothing again.
  • Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    New clothes as base

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Looks much better cool and yea stuff takes long but worth it if you can manage the time sink.  I like this and i do not normally like this type of stuff.  I do not know what FBC is maybe some story or something to help the viewer get the image you are trying to project to us might go a long way?  Is it like m.i.b. and he flashes people, omg did you make a flasher ! he flashes people then flashes them again to forget what they just saw! you madlad!
    Thought i'd make this post a little more interesting.
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks a lot better!
  • Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    DavidCruz said:
    Looks much better cool and yea stuff takes long but worth it if you can manage the time sink.  I like this and i do not normally like this type of stuff.  I do not know what FBC is maybe some story or something to help the viewer get the image you are trying to project to us might go a long way?  Is it like m.i.b. and he flashes people, omg did you make a flasher ! he flashes people then flashes them again to forget what they just saw! you madlad!
    Thought i'd make this post a little more interesting.

Well , FBC is the Federal Bureau of Control which is a government organization in the game "Control" from Remedy Games. If you haven't played the game yet , I would definitely recommend it. The apparatus he has on him prevents him from being taken over the "Hiss" , the enemy within the game Control. I don't think it is within my rights to try and convey what it all means by showing it on the character as I am simply trying to create a character that would fit within the "Control" universe. However , I understand what you trying to say with trying to convey a story with the usage of props and all that , and if it were my own IP I probably would , but this is an existing IP , if that makes sense.
    Also yeah , I have no time pressure to complete this , as long as I complete it. But so far it is really fun :) 

kanga said:
    Looks a lot better!
    Thank you , and thank you for the critique on the clothes. 

Update:
    Also gonna add a walkie talkie and a small utility bag.

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Thanks for the information have a bump, glad to see a response though i didn't get notified or i mistakenly overlooked it.  No games for a while the irl game called life atm is taking up valuable time since idk we are in a situation around the world i feel it deserves more attention than some luxury games atm.  But will look into it.

• Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator

Yeah , it is crazy right now.

Update.