Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Walk & Run - Feedback Needed

Cliffman
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Cliffman polycounter lvl 6
Hey folks!

I've been working on these two basic cycles for a while and was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to give me some feedback on them. This is my first time asking for animation feedback online so I don't know if I'm doing it right or not. Any help or tips are much appreciated. Link to the clips is below:

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/afa705426b9c/

Replies

• FireFerret99
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think I'm the best person to give feedback because that's why I came on this website too. However, I really like them, they move well and the character itself looks amazing. How did you model and rig the hair, it's the best part? tail rig? The animations seem smooth and bouncy, but doesn't fade too far away from reality with the weight, well done. I think maybe a little left and right hip wiggle with the legs wouldn't be a bad idea for the walk. The walk seems a little stiff in the mid section, when compared to the run, but still very smooth and pleasant.
  • Cliffman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cliffman polycounter lvl 6
    I don't think I'm the best person to give feedback because that's why I came on this website too. However, I really like them, they move well and the character itself looks amazing. How did you model and rig the hair, it's the best part? tail rig? The animations seem smooth and bouncy, but doesn't fade too far away from reality with the weight, well done. I think maybe a little left and right hip wiggle with the legs wouldn't be a bad idea for the walk. The walk seems a little stiff in the mid section, when compared to the run, but still very smooth and pleasant.
    That's all right, mate. We can learn from each other anyways. :) 
    The model and rig isn't mine, it's called the AZRI rig and you can download it for free here
    I'm gonna have another look at her hips and the walk. You're right in that it looks a little stiff, and a friend mentioned that she could use a little more personality in her walk so I'll try and add some more "oompf" or something to it.
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • cambamkaboom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cambamkaboom polycounter lvl 7
    Left you some notes!