Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Female Portrait

AliArto
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
AliArto polycounter lvl 4
Hi this my latest personal project "female portrait"  looking for feedback to improve 
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g2G6ZP

Replies

• Temppe
    Offline / Send Message
    Temppe polycounter lvl 12
    Nice.
    Though I think the proportions are not "realistic", as your thread title suggests. The canthal tilt is very exagerated and the zygomatic has too much volume. It looks like you did this on purpose though, to go for a stylised look instead of realistic.

I would also say the cloth material is the weakest part. Other than the cloth I like the rendering quality.
  • AliArto
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Temppe for the feedback i will try next time thanks again for taking your time ,
  • Eric Chadwick
    Oooh "canthal tilt" I learned a new term, thanks Temppe.

Nice head, AliArto, though it is a bit disconcerting, makes her start to look "alien". I would suggest fixing this.
    This is an exaggeration, but hopefully helps illustrate. It's a great model and render, but could be better.

• shredde
    Offline / Send Message
    shredde polycounter lvl 6
    Awesome! Great work and very compelling presentation :) 
  • BohSheh
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    Very nice face , I think another way to achieve the same tilt look with a much realistic eye is by faking it using eyeliner and mascara .
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    I think the tilt itself is within reason, but the curve of the eyelashes is exaggerating it ;) There are other things making it appear stylised imho
  • MatheusDalla
    Offline / Send Message
    MatheusDalla polycounter lvl 4
    Dude, amazing work.
    Take a look at this project, it is a good reference for you if you're looking for realism.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OoPA2e

One of the things that stands out that need work is the hair, needs to be messier, with more frizz.
    Also, the eye shape need more detail and deepness, especially on the eyelids.
    All the shapes are a little too smooth, the skin needs some marks where it deforms more often.
    Also a little more color variation. The eyes looks kinda white, lifeless...

Dont take me harsh, i couldnt do better. Just trying to help!
  • AliArto
    Offline / Send Message

i know what you mean i can see it now thanks for the feedback Eric 

shredde said:

thanks shredde :) 

BohSheh said:

yes true i'll try in my next female project thanks BohSheh
    BagelHero said:

i did the eye little bit bigger and i exaggerate other forms to make it looks beautiful , my next project will be better , thanks BagelHero for the feedback

i'll study it and see what it's makes it realistic  "Dont take me harsh" man i post my work here to take feedback i need to improve my skills i need it and you give it to me so thank you soo much Matheus i really appreciate it