Home Marmoset

Marmoset baking weird issue

Hi guys! Hope you can help me! After bake I`ve got this strange triangle on surface, on both sides of the bent plate mesh, symmetrically. All UV island has hard edges, other - smooth, perfectly matching high poly, but anyway  I`ve got this. Actual normal map has green triangles. How can I fix this ? 

Replies

• Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    Check for errors on the HP like an inverted normal or that the LPs cage encapulates the HP
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel said:
    Check for errors on the HP like an inverted normal or that the LPs cage encapulates the HP
    It`s ok with HP and LP. I solved it with exporting triangulated fbx files insted of OBJ lol. Maya does not record smoothing groups when exporting in obj
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Gibbon_king said:
    Maya does not record smoothing groups when exporting in obj
    Maya does record smoothing groups when exporting OBJ, you just have to make sure the smoothing option is turned on, in the export settings.
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel said:
    It`s ok with HP and LP. I solved it with exporting triangulated fbx files insted of OBJ lol. Maya does not record smoothing groups when exporting in obj
    Joopson said:
    Gibbon_king said:
    Maya does not record smoothing groups when exporting in obj
    Maya does record smoothing groups when exporting OBJ, you just have to make sure the smoothing option is turned on, in the export settings.
    Thank you for replies! Exporting in FBX solved the problem, its just this maya exporting stuff :#