Home Technical Talk

In need of a little help.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
TheMadNomad polycounter lvl 3
So I have this pillar type of asset and as you can see in the picture i wanna put some runes on the rock . Did i have to sculpt them or can i  make them with an alpha in substance painter???
looking forward to hear from someone  =)

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    either, sculpting in zbrush would give a more realistic result along with having more information in your bakes without having to rely on anchor points in painter.
  • TheMadNomad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d said:
    either, sculpting in zbrush would give a more realistic result along with having more information in your bakes without having to rely on anchor points in painter.
    thank you so much!!! =)
  • TheMadNomad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Kanni3d here's what i came up with . Idk if i can throw some emissive stuff inside those crevices and cracks.
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    "If" is hardly ever the question to ask. you're not seeking permission. "How" fits more situations. Of course you can add emissive to it, it just comes down to how you plan on achieving it. :)
  • TheMadNomad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "If" is hardly ever the question to ask. you're not seeking permission. "How" fits more situations. Of course you can add emissive to it, it just comes down to how you plan on achieving it. :)
    Agreed! I think i'll try the other way to just to experience the different workflows . But This is what i ended up with it , some of the details turned out a bit janky because the sculpt didn't have enough resolution or... i messed up the bake . But overall pretty happy how it turned out  , but it can be better.