Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Environment Art Challenge Collaboration Opportunity

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
b_beauchamp polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone, I am participating in the Bi-Monthly Environment Art Challenge here on Polycount. The concept I chose features several creatures and a humanoid figure that I think could be best tackled by a creature or character artist. The goal would be for both of us to end up with a nice portfolio piece where we credit each other for our work in the project.

The absolute minimum you would need to commit to is submitting a posed game-engine-ready humanoid figure mesh similar to the one in the concept. Of course, you can take on as much work as you'd like in any aspect of the project. 

If you would like to participate or have any questions, just send me a message!

Project Details: 
Concept: "Creepy Basement" by Anthony Brault

My first trim variation for the scene:

Replies

• tysiu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tysiu keyframe
    Hey, I could try to do the creatures. I'm relatively new to this, but I've done some monsters before. Can retopo, UV, bake highpoly to low, pose and paint diffuse/albedo texture if needed. But I'm not good yet with other textures/materials.

• b_beauchamp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b_beauchamp polycounter lvl 2
    @tysiu I'm glad you want to participate! You can either message me here on Polycount or email to keep in touch. I'll also send you regular updates on how the environment is progressing. When you can, please let me know how many different creatures you would like to commit to for the scene. For the texturing you can take it as far as you like. I wouldn't mind trying to paint some of the creatures if you don't like how they are turning out. It looks like a fun challenge!

I've been imagining the humanoid figure as similar to the "creature from the black-lagoon", but you can design them however you like. I should also mention that the project deadline date is October 31st. I'll be trying to finish before then, but you can take up until that date if you need to. :) Also, I don't know if this would be helpful, but I saw a neat brush pack on the Artstation marketplace that might help with sculpting some of the fish creatures: https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/JKdo/zbrush-sea-creatures-vdm-brush
  • kurotiane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kurotiane polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, do you still need an extra hand for the creature models? Perhaps I could help you. Here's a sample of my work: