Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please, feedback for my propses!

helsenmet
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
helsenmet polycounter lvl 2
Please, I need your comments and feedback for my propses!

Each model involves the following steps: creating a low-poly model in a Blender, scanning this model in Rizom UV, creating a high-poly model in a Blender, baking in Marmoset Toolbag, and texturing in Substance Painter.

Replies

• teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hi there,
    The first thing that i see is the basic material definition. Materials are very simple and i get it, you wanted to go for that pristine look in most cases. But pristine doesnt mean perfect. Some of your mats have imperfections but they are evenly distributed and procedural, instead of being in the most used areas or areas that are most exposed to damage. Also, there are at most 2 materials for every prop which is not very interesting nor realistic. Also 2: look into anisotropy for bare metals.
    The modeling is here and there - some normal wavyness (especially in the razor, which requires really good topology because of the shape and glossy mats). The amount of polygons is inconsistent - you have some curved shapes that look good and others that dont and its very noticeable when they are next to eachother.
    Not-pro tip: post some wires if you want feedback on your modeling.
  • helsenmet
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    Hi there,
    The first thing that i see is the basic material definition. Materials are very simple and i get it, you wanted to go for that pristine look in most cases. But pristine doesnt mean perfect. Some of your mats have imperfections but they are evenly distributed and procedural, instead of being in the most used areas or areas that are most exposed to damage. Also, there are at most 2 materials for every prop which is not very interesting nor realistic. Also 2: look into anisotropy for bare metals.
    The modeling is here and there - some normal wavyness (especially in the razor, which requires really good topology because of the shape and glossy mats). The amount of polygons is inconsistent - you have some curved shapes that look good and others that dont and its very noticeable when they are next to eachother.
    Not-pro tip: post some wires if you want feedback on your modeling.
    Thank you for such a detailed review. By wires, do you mean links to social networks?
  • teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    No i mean wireframe shots (which dont mean actual wireframe mode shots but wireframe overlayed on top of your models) also called edges visible mode.
  • helsenmet
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    No i mean wireframe shots (which dont mean actual wireframe mode shots but wireframe overlayed on top of your models) also called edges visible mode.
    Ah, I understand you, thank you)