Home Marmoset

Released: Material Blending Shaders for Marmoset Toolbag 3

Replies

• Di_mbo
    Offline / Send Message
    Di_mbo polycounter lvl 3
    I have an animation with one model that has blendshapes  and 2 packs of textures for it
    the goal is to switch between two color maps 
    will your plugin be usefull for this operation?
    Because i need the straight effect as blendcolor node in maya does

• Chamachine
    Offline / Send Message
    Chamachine polycounter lvl 10
    Di_mbo said:
    I have an animation with one model that has blendshapes  and 2 packs of textures for it
    the goal is to switch between two color maps 
    will your plugin be usefull for this operation?
    Because i need the straight effect as blendcolor node in maya does

The question has already been avoided by the creator, so you can draw your own conclusions here.
    Demon891 said:
    Hey there, realy great shader! I want to animate the blending but it doesn't work :(
    Would be great if you have a solution for that :)
    Thank you

• sligocreatures
    Hi I've been having trouble with the material blending- It doesnt really blend, more of a sharp jump between red, yellow (50% blended), and green. I'm not sure if I just dont have the right settings- is there a way around this? I'm also using toolbag 3.08 rather than 3.04, maybe thats contributing to the problem. 
    You'll see in the first two images that the stem definitely does have vertex color data. although its a subtle effect, the first image shows the model with the vertex color in the albedo turned on, and the dark area in the center is where I want to add another texture map- the second image shows the stem with vertex color turned off and a single texture applied. the third image shows the blend shader. Please advise on the correct settings :)
  • sadicus
    Offline / Send Message
    sadicus polycounter lvl 8
    UPDATE - Use TIF (other formats were not saving the alpha or were converting Alpha to transparency.
    MT 3.08 - For this Blend Material to work, What file formats are used for each map type?

Alpha map is not the same thing as Transparency so PNG is used  for RGB+Transparency (cut-out) but Which formats save the Alpha Channel? TGA for example has bit depth options but which bit depth for each type of file is necessary but does not save the Alpha? So far the only thing that works is the default scene, but the maps used and open in Image Editor dont have the required format (as listed in the Channel Packing) to reverse engineer.