Home Adobe Substance

Atlas scatter in Substance Designer?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
Does anyone  know how make it work?    My guess its same shape splatter in its core but I just couldn't figure out  how to make it work.   Whatever I input to it  I see just nothing.     Should I use Atlas splitter  node first ?      There is no section in the help about it, neither  a youtube video explaining.

Replies

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I had a little dig inside it but gave up - it's very complicated. I don't think you need to use the atlas splitter, there's a load of stuff in there that looks like it's identifying separate shapes in the atlas

Part of me thinks it might be incomplete - this is on 2020.1.2

I reckon it's worth asking allegorithmic directly 
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    yeah, I gave up too.  As well on atlas splitter .       Give me blurry details for some uncertain reason. 
  • NicolasW
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    Hi,

The Atlas Scatter does not require the Atlas Splitter, it's kinda integrated inside..

The only required thing is the opacity map: that's how it can detect shapes and scatter them (same thing for the atlas splitter).

If it still does not work, can you post a screenshot of your setup ?
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Thanks for the hint NicolasW

it's actually work on my end now  . It does require  opacity AND height  inputs of an atlas connected in . Only both of them together  makes something appearing .    Works pretty cool and let you get rid of half of spaghetti monster in your  view .        

To bad I need to modify it for  one more grayscale channel at least   and  it looks scary