Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Raccoon Character Sculpt

Heya guys, this is my first time posting on here, so here it goes. I've been working on a Raccoon character in Zbrush as of late and I would like some feedback on it. Here is how it's looking so far.
It's a bit rough around the edges currently, but critique would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Funny idea, what is the story behind your character?

In terms of critique, I noticed that you sculpted the folds for the pants with active symmetry,break the shapes and maybe try to make even harder cuts to create a stronger silhouette.

But anyway, keep it up :)
  • sarasumm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm polycounter lvl 4
    Your overall proportions are looking nice! I'd suggest looking at more reference for pleated pants if you want to have that crisp line going down the legs. They should look folded and sewed under the beltline. I also agree with Crazy_pixel about breaking symmetry to sculpt folds.

Looks cool so far!
  • EdwardJivkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

In terms of critique, I noticed that you sculpted the folds for the pants with active symmetry,break the shapes and maybe try to make even harder cuts to create a stronger silhouette.

I just thought giving a raccoon a boring office job was a fun concept.
    sarasumm said:
    Your overall proportions are looking nice! I'd suggest looking at more reference for pleated pants if you want to have that crisp line going down the legs. They should look folded and sewed under the beltline. I also agree with Crazy_pixel about breaking symmetry to sculpt folds.

Looks cool so far!
    As for the pointers, I'll definitely go back and work on the cloth some more, pleats and all. The symmetric folds were supposed to be temporary thing and they kinda stuck. I'll make sure to get some nice reference for it.

Cheers, guys.

• EdwardJivkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I thought it would be fun concept to give a raccoon a day-job.
    sarasumm said:

Looks cool so far!
    As for the feedback, I'll definitely work on the cloth some more and look at more reference on the matter. The symmetry was supposed to be a temporary thing but it kinda stuck till the end. Cheers guys.