Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Viking Mug (game-ready model)

Hi, my name is Julia. I'm from Moscow. 

It was a little bit scary to share with you my first work. But I did. )

This is a game-ready model with pbr textures and around 1800 tris. I hope you like it. :)

More images and 3d viewer on Artstation page: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzbeZ3

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this a lot! What does your texture sheet look like? Curious if you reused any parts or if it's uniquely unwrapped.

The bottom kind of doesn't make sense, it should probably be a disc of wood, with the slats squeezing up against it. Right now the bottom makes it look like the whole thing was carved from a single block of wood.

The leather wrapping on the handle seems like it could be thicker. Imagine the metal handle keeps going under them... so then how thin are those strips?

I love the detailing, very nicely done.
  • juuu_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this a lot! What does your texture sheet look like? Curious if you reused any parts or if it's uniquely unwrapped.

The bottom kind of doesn't make sense, it should probably be a disc of wood, with the slats squeezing up against it. Right now the bottom makes it look like the whole thing was carved from a single block of wood.

The leather wrapping on the handle seems like it could be thicker. Imagine the metal handle keeps going under them... so then how thin are those strips?

I love the detailing, very nicely done.
    Thank you for your feedback! It has a unique unwrap. ) 
    It's so good to hear some critique and advice from experienced artists like you. Next time I'll try to think about things like you say about. :) And sorry about my English, not is my native. :)
  • NikDemidko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikDemidko polycounter lvl 2
    Wow, simple, but high quality. Colours, silhouette, materials - you captured it great, especially if it's your first work. Keep posting!
  • rsavoie356
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rsavoie356 polycounter lvl 3
    That looks awesome! Cheers! :-)
  • juuu_art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you, my friends, for your kind words! It's so pleasant. 
    Hey Nik, "All Gone" is just Wow! Amazing work. :)
  • NikDemidko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikDemidko polycounter lvl 2
    @juuu_art Wow, I didn't expect you will check out my work. I'm happy to hear that, thank you :)