Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Orc

ivanlyw
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ivanlyw polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys, wanted to share my work of an orc I did recently. This was also my entry at the rookies award 2020 and let me know what you guys think. I would love to get some feedback for improving in the future.

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Really nice shapes and love it :)

The skin looks overall very rough especially when you look at his mouth area where I'm expecting fluid and saliva etc.

For the presentation, I would love to see closeups and different light senarios like a strong light from above to make a more dramatic scene ...
    Furthermore could you improve the pose, he looks brutal but his legs and his arm with the hammer looks boring because of the straight angle, or a running pose could be also really interesting.

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeaht he lighting and pose could use some work. Most of the model is in shadow. The hammer is not at a good angle for viewing. Check out some info on silhouette.
  • ivanlyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanlyw polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you for the feedback kanga and Crazy_pixel. I do agree that the lighting and pose could use more work, I will get back and change up some poses and lighting after I am done with my current game character project.