Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Semi-realistic Stylized - Food game props

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Zimzelen polycounter lvl 4
I decided to do some organic practice and wrote up a list of food props I'll make. I'm aiming for a Semi-realistic Stylized look, something which could easily fit in the game Styx: Shards of Darkness, shown below. The props fitting in isn't really neccessary I just want to have a style to aim for, so I'm not wandering aimlessly.

Lowpoly sausages in scene 

Two screenshots from the game.

Highpoly sausage - Does it need more detail or mabye something else?

Lowpoly 180 tris - am I going too low or is this even sensible for a single prop? Just for reference the game mentioned doesn't have much food props apart from some apples and zucchinis.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Baking the normals on this must have been a nightmare, yeah? Ray distance would be super finicky. High poly looks good for sure. I guess the polygon count really depends on the game.
  • Zimzelen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @AshervisalisNightmare not so much, though the cuts don't really show up on the bake. I think I'll just make the cuts smaller and more surface level and see if that show up better on the prop.
  • Zimzelen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had made a bunch of these before I even started with the sausage, but I wanted to bring the sausage to the final look I'd like to go with and then make the other props according to it.

So far I'm okay witht he base blockouts but figuring out how much detail to give them while keeping it stylized is what will be challenging for me.