Home Technical Talk

Zbrush model to maya: When I import the model to maya it comes in pieces not one whole model

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Nadra_Nagy polycounter lvl 4
Hello guys, I'm currently facing a problem with exporting from zbrush and importing to Maya.
whenever I import the model, it shows in the outlines as several elements as if it's shattered.
the second question , is there any script for maya to find the unwelded vertices or the coincidence vertices and such errors?

Replies

• oglu
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    In zbrush turn off Grp in the export menue. 
    Its on the right the last one.
  • Nadra_Nagy
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu said:
    In zbrush turn off Grp in the export menue. 
    Its on the right the last one.
    Thank you so much, and do you have any idea about a script for maya to find such errors?
  • Panupat
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    Not really. Loading the OBJ is the easiest way. Practically you can also just combine and merge vertices. And don't forget to delete history.
  • Nadra_Nagy
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat said:
    Not really. Loading the OBJ is the easiest way. Practically you can also just combine and merge vertices. And don't forget to delete history.
    Thank you  :)
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I'd highly recommend sticking with the disabled Grp export option in zbrush in order to take care of it on the export. I even keep this button on my UI just to make it easier to keep and eye on. If you merge things in Maya you're going to completely change the vertex order, which means zbrush will see it as a completely different mesh if it ever goes back in. Preserve the vertex order on the other hand and you'll be able to do all sorts of things when sending a model back and froth (such as updating the UVs or creating new blendshapes).
  • Nadra_Nagy
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid said:
    I'd highly recommend sticking with the disabled Grp export option in zbrush in order to take care of it on the export. I even keep this button on my UI just to make it easier to keep and eye on. If you merge things in Maya you're going to completely change the vertex order, which means zbrush will see it as a completely different mesh if it ever goes back in. Preserve the vertex order on the other hand and you'll be able to do all sorts of things when sending a model back and froth (such as updating the UVs or creating new blendshapes).
    I'll do it and I really appreciate your advice 😊