Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[FINISHED] Abandoned environement (wip)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Slassh polycounter lvl 2
Hey ! I start today a new wip on an abandoned environement, I taked many reference and I dont have a main reference image for buidling this.
I have blocked out an interrior area and this is the result for the moment !

Thanks !

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hey,
    Looks good. Are you using megascan textures?
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for the feedback teodar23, I working with megascan texture yeah I take some photorealistic props from here too !

I have worked on the atmosphere and some lighting, some decals, added the blended texture on the floor and for the next I'm going to work on the doors (sculpt, retopo, bake)

Thanks !
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Re, some update on the creation of the door sculpt finished

See you soon !

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    one thing that i see a lot of people do in their sculpts is large scratches or chipping. imo thats not realistic and makes the object look like a toy. but it could be just me
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    teodar23 said:
    one thing that i see a lot of people do in their sculpts is large scratches or chipping. imo thats not realistic and makes the object look like a toy. but it could be just me

Disagreeing on this. I would say that a lot of people do to small Details, you never get that close unless you let the camera REALLY REALLY close to show those details. What he has in his sculpt is very good, cause adding textures to it later through painter, quixel or designer, he will bring in Micro details. Samuel, This is looking good get at it.
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for the feedback guys its realy helpfull.
     Like he said wirrexx I just sculpted the big lines and Im going to add micro detail with the texturing and material in quixel suite.

I think its not necessary to sculpt the full detail for it.

Thanks guys !
  • icegodofhungary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    icegodofhungary interpolator
    I think the level of wear on  your asset looks fine. If it were a more maintained environment, I would expect fewer large damage. The scale looks weird to me because of the bricks in the debris on the  ground. They seem too big and the only other bricks to compare them are smaller. They're about the size of breeze blocks / cinder blocks but look like bricks.
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    I think the level of wear on  your asset looks fine. If it were a more maintained environment, I would expect fewer large damage. The scale looks weird to me because of the bricks in the debris on the  ground. They seem too big and the only other bricks to compare them are smaller. They're about the size of breeze blocks / cinder blocks but look like bricks.
    Thanks for the reply icegodlfhungary.

it is true that the bricks on the ground are a little larger compared to the bricks of the wall. And even compared to the character they are a little big.
     I'm going to scale the broken brick.
    Of course for now the level of wear is small because it still lacks a lot of things such, decals, small props ect.

Realy thanks a lot !
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    small update here ! I wanna work now a little bit on the background idk for the moment what i'm going to do for it 

• Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Finaly finished like this, thanks for your advices guys ! 

For the realtime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMajRpcRxms 
    For the Artstation post https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RYxwom

Realy thanks !