Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted Grace Liu Concept [WIP]

bhaktimarie
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
bhaktimarie polycounter lvl 7
Hello! This is my first posting in a very long time, but this year one of my goals is to document my process more often and I thought that this would be a good place to do that. I also intend to work on my hand painting which is the reason that I chose Grace Liu's concept from the ArtStation Beyond Human challenge (that and it's amazing).

I started by setting up a camera and blocking out the corner. I only plan on modeling the assets in the corner (not the entire room) because I would like to focus on hand painting most of the assets in Blender rather than Photoshop, which is something I have never done before. I have always been interested in the idea of painting directly on the assets in 3D and am excited to give it a try!

Getting the camera angle right is always a bit tricky. This looks pretty close and is what I am going with for now.

And here is my current progress below. I'm not super thrilled with the leaf shape of the plants on the plate (next to the plant bowl on the table) so I'll probably be re-modeling those. (Oh, and I took liberties and added an egg.) This is a personal project, so I'll be working on it during the evenings. I'll be updating this thread every few days or so with significant progress.

Thanks for looking! Any advice would be most welcome! :)

Replies