Home General Discussion

Buying stuff on Amazon US, zip +4 thingy problem.

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Udjani interpolator
I bought some hardwares from Amazon US this weekend, it will be sent to a freight forwarder then to where i live. But i think i might have run in some problems.

When i add the zip code for the first time, amazon add +4 at the end. (31666-2774), that's alright. I got one order shipped to this address. But after that i had some problems and had to add my payment method and shipping address again, but this time amazon changed the last 4 numbers of the zip to (31666-3916). I tried to manually change it back to 2774 but amazon would automatically change it again to 3916.

All the rest of the address like street etc.. still the same, only the 4 numbers at the end of the zip changed.  

So, it's possible that my packages will be sent to the wrong address?

Replies

• Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    Idk why the post has an odd amount of space lmao.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    @Udjani - Thats a bug on polycount currently, introduced by the latest Vanilla update. It happens when you make a new line in your post. It basically makes 2 new lines.

Check out the last post here:
    https://polycount.com/discussion/167852/bugs-we-got-em/p6#latest
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

If you'd also submitted an email address together with your shipping details, then contact the store via the payment confirmation receipt, these vendors usually send out once the payment process is complete, informing them about your issue.

Recently had a similar glitch with a third party online phone retailer but slightly more complex, which ended up taking 3 weeks too finally resolve.

Hopefully yours will be less of a hassle.

EDIT:...also if this "double line' bug is a annoyance, then here's a workaround.
    When typing, don't create a space between sentences/paragraphs, just start a new line of text directly under where the previous line ends, that should generate normal one line 'white space'

fixed...I think?

• Udjani
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    @sacboi The packages were delivered already, but since was for a fright fowarder i will only know if it's everything alright tomorrow. What i didn't know is if the change of those 4 digits at the end of the zip could be a problem. 
    There is hope tho, when clicking on both address with the amazon app, they send me to the same spot on google map, so maybe they delivered all of it to the same place. (Everything i bought was shipped and sold by amazon and they made the change)
  • m4dcow
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Udjani said:
    @sacboi The packages were delivered already, but since was for a fright fowarder i will only know if it's everything alright tomorrow. What i didn't know is if the change of those 4 digits at the end of the zip could be a problem. 
    There is hope tho, when clicking on both address with the amazon app, they send me to the same spot on google map, so maybe they delivered all of it to the same place. (Everything i bought was shipped and sold by amazon and they made the change)
    I have to use freight forwarders too and Amazon adding the extra numbers at the the end of a zip code has never been an issue. Once you have the correct street address along with the zip code, your stuff should arrive where it is supposed to.

For more info check this link
    https://www.zip-codes.com/learn-about/what-is-a-zip-4-code.asp