Home Technical Talk

What is happening to my bake???

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello, whenever I bake my 3d model I get some weird error at the border of the blade, does someone know what is happening and what to do to correct or prevent this?

Replies

• Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Theres a few issues:
    Low poly isnt conforming to the High poly enough to capture bake info correctly
    Aliasing due to lack clean and straightened UVs
    Possibly part of your UV shell going outside the 0-1 space (2nd pic, tip of blade)

As an aside, if youre trying to make a game asset you could likely drop your tri count by like 20k and still maintain the fidelity. Optimization is a valuable skill to pick up :)
  • Rosbifeboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Theres a few issues:
    Low poly isnt conforming to the High poly enough to capture bake info correctly
    Aliasing due to lack clean and straightened UVs
    Possibly part of your UV shell going outside the 0-1 space (2nd pic, tip of blade)

As an aside, if youre trying to make a game asset you could likely drop your tri count by like 20k and still maintain the fidelity. Optimization is a valuable skill to pick up :)
    do you think that if I make a cage for the blade it will help??
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    Eh if you want but I think you could easily take care of that first issue by just moving some verts around. Personally, i dont make cages or bake in Painter. Marmoset Toolbag makes the baking process incredibly painless.