In this thread, I will post my progress on this environment.
This project, when it will be completed, will be available on UE4 Marketplace
Global Lighting Controller Features:
- Day/night cycle within real-world coordinates.
- Auto-activation of point/spotlights/advanced lights
- Ability to ignore certain lights
- Blending between day/night parameters for Sky Sphere, SkyLight, Directional Light, Atmospheric Fog, Exponential Height Fog
- Can work in the editor via construction script or at runtime
- Trigger blueprint to switch between day/night (useful for making interactive demonstrations to showcase day/night variants of the environment)
- Ability to quickly select a certain time of a day (midnight, morning, evening, etc).
Advanced Light Blueprint Features:
- Light intensity and mesh emissive intensity blending during day/night cycle transitions
- Ability to set mesh representation of a light
- Light flickering for mesh emissive and light function
- Wind simulation to make meshes looks lively
- Physics Constraint and Cable Component support - visible connect lights to surface and affect its movement by physics
- Lots of parameters to tune for both light and mesh
- Quickly change from point light to spotlight or mesh emissive only lighting.
- You can use the float curve to set custom transition speed between day/night
- Ability to set custom time intervals for day/night transitions.
- You can disable certain advanced lights from managing them by the global lighting controller.
Universal Material Features:
- One material to rule them all. It can be used for almost any kind of purpose - trim sheets, tileable materials, unique materials for props, grass/trees/foliage, subsurface, glass, etc.
- Enable only those features per instance material, which you need via static switch parameters - unused parts won't be compiled and it will reduce the number of instructions.
- Modular approach. Reuse parts of this material in your custom materials.
- Surface effects support. Add procedural snow/sand/mud/wetness/dissolve effects for your meshes or enhance the system to add your effects.
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping support
- Tesselation support
- World Aligned / Custom Triplanar mapping support.
- Various color variation methods support (SpeedTree/Global Variation Map)
- ScratchGrime masks support
- Translucent materials with refraction support
- Cheaper glass materials via masked blend mode and dither temporal AA.
- Fuzzy shading support. Take most of your moss materials.
- Details normal support
- Various methods to control the normal intensity
- Ability to use separate tiling amount per each input
- Emissive effects - flickering/dynamic fade
- You can be able to not use any textures at all - just pure input scalar/vector values
- Distance-Based Tesselation
- Ability to use separate far tiling value based on camera distance
- Wind support
- Pixel Depth Offset support
- The project also included separate material which supports vertex paint with 3 layers + liquid. You can select default lerp or height lerp to use.