Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Guybrush Threepwood

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Rolang interpolator
Hello! 
I saw this painting of Guybrush Threepwood in Uncharted 4 by Hyoung Nam and I thought it could be fun to make a model based on the painting.

Still working on the sculpt, I think I will make the coat more destroyed looking and I need to detail the face at least.

I have also tried to improve my hair creation workflow with this character.  

Happy to hear feedback! 

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Very nice idea  =)=)

Maybe you could give his pants more folds on the front, It looks a little bit to flat.
    Example:

His Hair looks awesome, you nailed the color variations and the design of the hairstyle pretty good.
    Can't wait to see your progress ;)
  • Rolang
    Offline / Send Message
    Rolang interpolator
    @Crazy_pixel Thanks for the feedback! I will try to sculpt some folds there, I think you are right :) The hair was really hard for me, I had to re-create it maybe 8-9 times. Still not entirely happy with the hair, but I learned a lot and I think I won't tweak it a lot anymore. I am planning to try to make a copy of some existing hairstyle from a photo or some game characters hair to learn more.
  • Rolang
    Offline / Send Message
    Rolang interpolator
    Here is small update for this character, I mostly just did small detailing. Sword still needs some small detailing and I need to sculpt transition meshes for the eyes. After those I will start to retopo this. 

Tried to add some detail for hands also. And I am testing this kind of eye sculpt for him. I might tweak it more later, once I see it with some textures.

Sculpted also some more folds for the pants. Hands and head are old versions in that pic above. Happy to hear feedback! :) 
  • Rolang
    Offline / Send Message
    Rolang interpolator
    Hello! 
    I think I am done with this character for now. Still happy to hear crits! :) 
    Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BmNqA4

Thanks for looking! :)