Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [UE4] Retro Style Diner

Vit
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vit polycounter lvl 7

Hello World!

After a lot of time of silence I started a new personal project. For a very long time I wanted to create a retro style diner.  Also I wanted to learn Blender. So it's a  perfect opportunity to me. As usual we artist do, I gathered some references and find pretty cool concept.

Pureref Board

The Blockout

Firts of all, I created rough blockout to see main shapes and silhouettes and then. After that I decided sizes for my modules. I made list of needed object and modeled them in Blender 2.8. It's really awesome 3d package. 

Modules:

In UE4:

In Conclusion

I want keep this project organized, so I created a trello board, also to track progress I would post WIP every 3 days. It's a very begining, so not much from my side today, but I'll try to share my thoughts and knowledge and I'll start a headline "tips and tricks". Also I'd like to hear some feedback from you, guys. Thank you for your attention! See you soon.

- VIT

Replies

• Vit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vit polycounter lvl 7
    Hadn't enough time for a big update on my environment.  I created some modules, modeled mid poly version of some assets and added colors to bring some life into the scene.

Here are the models that almost ready:

The base of the scene works for me. I'll keep pushing in this direction. Also I decided to make outdoor modules, not to much, just entire building and small surrounding props. I need to work out on my time management to keep up with everything. Plan for next few days: add details to models and create small props.

I'd like to hear some feedback from you, guys. Thank you!

• Brain_Slave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brain_Slave polycounter lvl 4
    Great work on modular pieces! You also did really well on the jukebox :+1:

Everything seems to be ready for the next work stages.

I'm excited to see more of it, good luck!