Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[FINISHED] Viking Hunter

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Rikard86 polycounter lvl 5
o hello it's time for another WIP thread

This time I'm basing myself off this concept by Seesha Plekhanov: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dOy9bw
Trying to stick to the concept as close as possible while going for a more realistic style.

This is currently making the rounds on my Discord servers for feedback, altho I'm pretty close to start the lowpoly. Polypaint is just to give a general idea. Body based off a scan (anatomy was rebuilt on top to adapt to the character's build), head is original, clothing was blocked out in zBrush and simulated in Marvelous with further detailing work on top, hair and fur will be replaced by proper meshes etc.

I might have taken him a bit too far before posting.

Plan is to have at least the character modeled and textured before Gamescom.

See you soon with more updates

Replies

• Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    supdate

Everything's lowpoly and baked

Experimenting a bit with the skin painting atm. Still lots of procedural, need to start getting my stuff in. Still very early wip

will update soon
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    is it me or does it feel like his legs are a bit too short?  either way its coming along pretty good so far.  Looking forward to see where you take this 
  • Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    @jose.fuentes his hips are where the lower belt is. He has a lot of layered stuff so I understand how you could get that impression.

Anyway, here's the guy after a bit of back n forth with my Discord contacts and a few texture passes. Might have time for a bit more detailing tomorrow but Gamescom is close and I have to decide on whether I could take him along for the ride.

Need to fix the skinning in some parts (it's a Mixamo rig so some things need to be cleared up) but at least he's posable atm
  • Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting back on this, working on the weapons atm. Have a decent base right now, still polishing it.

Will go over the clothes a bit again and work on the final two accessories (monster head and bag)
  • Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there, it's  been a crazy couple weeks that ended up with a new addition to my family but I managed to pull off something

made the monster head that is in the concept as a prop and added it to the scene

Went over the textures a bit and posed everything, right now the model is pretty final, probably just gotta fix a couple shapes and might add some really minor detail if I'm up to it. Doing the final feedback rounds right now

• Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I'm wrapping this up. Didn't change much from the previous picture, gave him a better shave and some small fixes.

As usual full res + more @ https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1nrD6q

I think I wanna do some fanart next, all of this depending on whether being a parent gives me enough time

Enjoy