Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - Evelynn V3. Cyberpunk Character NieR inpired

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
eatmylazer polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone. I'm creating a new version of the main character of the game i'm solo developing at the moment, and since i think i got some better skills since the last time i made her since it's the main one, i think it should add some extra love.

At my artstation there is the V1 and V2 of her so you can compare all 3.
https://www.artstation.com/eatmylazer

At the present time she is NOT rigged yet, lightning and scene are still a mess and honestly idk how should i improve it. Any ideas?

In the photo you can see the lowpoly model, rendered in realtime with Eevee at Blender 2.8.

What do you guys think? There is anything you all would add up? Is there any places that the texture might look better if i add some extra detailing? It's the first time i actually set up a render inside blender so maybe some node setup tweak might be needed too. If you think that another node setup might work better, do you mind in showing me?

I'm having the feeling that the hair need some extra attention also. Maybe make it more messy, i don't know.

Somehow i feel that would be nicer to get her render inside Blender Eevee instead of Marmoset this time so i'm giving it a shot.

Well its a WIP.

All C&C are welcome, cheers!

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Pretty nice.
    Just my opinion: Pose her so she looks relaxed and close the eyelids a bit. She looks petrified. The textures on the clothes especially around the skirt look cut off and the skirt with the hole tex looks to be a little big and the edges look like they end roughly and seem single sided. The costume looks like its missing specularity and falls a bit dead. The skin looks like its one flat color. The scene is a bit strange. Its hard to see the model details and the light is a big distraction.
  • eatmylazer
    Offline / Send Message
    eatmylazer polycounter lvl 4
    kanga said:
    Pretty nice.
    Just my opinion: Pose her so she looks relaxed and close the eyelids a bit. She looks petrified. The textures on the clothes especially around the skirt look cut off and the skirt with the hole tex looks to be a little big and the edges look like they end roughly and seem single sided. The costume looks like its missing specularity and falls a bit dead. The skin looks like its one flat color. The scene is a bit strange. Its hard to see the model details and the light is a big distraction.

Thanks for the C&C, really appreciate it.

I'm still starting to rig her, i'll appear again sometime to show the final render after i pose. That way the face would be nicer i guess.

So following your advice i started to work around the skirt to give it a more used look on the clothes and to give some more detailing into the upper skirt. Please take a look @kanga and tell me your thoughts 

Still gotta apply this same used effect to the upper side though, but as soon as i get it right it will be really fast to just apply it.

Indeed the scene setup is bad, honestly i'm a bit lost in what to do with it lol
    Any ideas?

The pic with the updated skirt are being shown below. Remember that the upper body part still need to be updated with the dirt/used texture.

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

I'm still starting to rig her, i'll appear again sometime to show the final render after i pose. That way the face would be nicer i guess.

So following your advice i started to work around the skirt to give it a more used look on the clothes and to give some more detailing into the upper skirt. Please take a look @kanga and tell me your thoughts 

Indeed the scene setup is bad, honestly i'm a bit lost in what to do with it lol
    Any ideas?

Posing will help alot.
    The hole texture has cut off detail. Perhaps if you add an outside boarder (material seam) it would help.
    To get ideas on your presentation have a look at how other artists here handle it. For that you are in the right section. Have a look around here there are loads of fantastic examples.