So the Artstation challenge is now firmly over, but there is still plenty I want to get done in my scene before I'm 100% happy with it as a portfolio piece. I'm hoping to get this piece finished off by the end of August. My challenge thread is here: https://www.artstation.com/contests/the-legend-of-king-arthur/challenges/69/submissions/45701
This is what my main submission shot looked like:Concept it is based upon: (https://www.artstation.com/contests/the-legend-of-king-arthur/challenges/65/submissions/43363?sorting=following)
I've made a fair few tweaks so far including adding more foliage into the scene altering colours of cloth across the scene and revamping the ground materials. Everything I have done so far is detailed here: https://www.artstation.com/garethcodling/blog
I'll also be updating this blog along with this post in the hopes of getting some feedback to really push this further.
The last set of alterations I made were some small tweaks to the overall scene that were recommended on Discord. One of the big ones being the alteration of the background tents so they are more prominent in the scene.
I was originally aiming for a lighting setup that was more like an early morning, but I reckon I may also try closer matching the original concept as well. At the moment I am working on getting some debris around the stadium with some small rocks and wood chippings.
Any feeedback is always welcome!