is a blender mesh modeling addon
with a focus on hard surface work without subdivision surfaces.
Out for Blender 2.80 now!
MESHmachine's chamfer and fillet
toolset allows for more flexibility, when dealing with fillet-like surfaces, traditionally created with the Bevel
MESHmachine's approach to fillets is the Fuse
tool, which builds transitional surfaces from chamfers, fusing
the surfaces on both sides.
Doing this, you get the benefits of both - chamfers and fillets - while avoiding their disadvantages.
- turn chamfers into fillets/bevels and back
- change the width of a chamfer or bevel
- create variable fillets and washouts
- unbevel and unchamfer to go back to a hard edge
- practically edit existing existing bevels
- resolve tricky geometry overlaps in cases where two bevels meet
- flatten polygons based on another polygon or flatten a polygon based on 3 vertices
- flatten along a normal or flatten along edges
- redirect chamfer flow by turning the corners
- convert triangular bevel corners into quad corners
- plug details into your mesh
- build your own plugs and create/buy/sell plug libraries
- cleanup booleans and create clean perimeter loops around their intersections
- stash backups and objects referenced by other tools, without cluttering the scene
- create and manipulate custom normals
- mirror and symmetrize custom normals
Fuse, Unfuse, Refuse
Comments and questions are appreciated!