Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

KH Chakram model: Looking for critique

I have made this Chakram (from Kingdom Hearts) as a test. I would like to get a critique of this model and some advice. I want to improve on my texturing.

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    well it's a little hard to judge from this image alone, so you might want to post some more images with different angles and close ups 
  • Soukillaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joserigel said:
    Actually, that's quite a simple asset, judging from this picture alone is quite hard. Anyways, are you actually going for this low poly look that older N64 games have or was that by accident? If you're trying to make it look more appealing and modern, you could start by adding details to it, by handpainting some imperfections. I never played Kingdom Hearts before, so I looked at some pictures. The original in game weapon is stylized, I suggest maybe adding some handpainted textures and bump maps. Also, the shader could use a bit more work. Oh by the way, I would be curious with the topology, seems lowpoly, did you use proper topology+subdivision?Or did you directly go with a lowpoly model?
    When I was making the model, I guess that I stuck with the a low poly look for some reason. I have no clue why I did. Normally when I model, I go for a more high poly look. For this, I didn't think of what look (low or high poly) I was going for, which is not what you're supposed to do. You basically gave me the same advice what my tutor gave me (adding imperfections and other details to the model) which I can agree on. Does UE4 have a shader? I have never used shaders before. Thank you. :)