Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP [Retrogasm] DmC 3 - Lady

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
chellewwxy triangle

Hello polycounters, I decided to take part in the Retrogasm character competition and the character I'm going to make is Lady from DmC 3!:) DmC and Contra are probably the only two games I played on non-PC devices as I was only 6 when these are popular😅.

I want to model her as how she looks like in the concept drawing, so I won't be looking at her from DmC 5 for reference.

What I want to achieve out of this project is improving my (semi-)realistic texturing, also practising my skill of modelling characters based on concepts. 

C&C would be really really appreciated! 

Replies

• chellewwxy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chellewwxy triangle

The character I'm making is Lady from DmC 3!:)

WIP 2.

Base body is pretty much done, might tweak the leg a bit more after putting the skirt on her. I destroyed quite a bit of muscle on her because she doesn't look that muscular on the concept (even tho I think she should as she is carrying such a big weapon).

For next I will start making the cloth.

• chellewwxy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chellewwxy triangle
    The character I'm making is Lady from DmC 3!:)
    WIP 3. C&C would be really really appreciated!
    I finished body retopo and I have been working on her face, it took me a while to make her look like her in the concept, while I think there's still something off. Would be interested to see you guys' opinion on it:)!
    I made her blouse with MD, but I then realise it would be better to just sculpt the cloth in Zbrush in this case.
    For next I will remake the cloth in Zbrush.

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Hey, looks like an interesting character. Do you have any other angles of your sculpt so far? Like front on and profile shots of the face would help for a critique