Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Character Critique

Fraktayne
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Fraktayne polycounter lvl 5
Hi,
Id like to get your opinion on this character i'm working on and maybe get some tips on hair / haircards.
Please be brutally honest, thank you.

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i think we need a bit more context before giving cirt.  are you going for real or stylized? game or cinematic character? also some more close ups would prob help,  i would add some close up renders of the face as well 
  • 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKlassen polycounter lvl 4
    Agreed, How are you intending on this character to end up so we can give our opinions in the correct direction
  • Fraktayne
    Offline / Send Message
    Fraktayne polycounter lvl 5
    Sorry about that, so for the character I'm going stylized and it's going to be a game character. Stylized in a way that it has realistic proportions but has mid frequency detail. I wanted to know if the proportions are all good and if it looks alright. I also wanted tips on hair because it's giving me the most trouble right now, hence the bald kid. 

Here are the close ups of the body and the torso.

• sarasumm
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm polycounter lvl 4
    Your overall proportions are looking nice. I'd suggest gathering more reference for the clothes and adding more weight to them. You can make the pants a lot weightier by adding more volume towards the bottom where they tuck into the boots. 

Kinda like this:

As for hair cards, check out this article: https://marmoset.co/posts/how-to-create-realistic-hair-peach-fuzz-and-eyes/
    You can use a similar workflow with fibermesh in ZBrush, but it all comes down to baking high poly hair clumps onto a flat plane. 

Keep up the good work!