Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [3DS] - Feedback / Critiques Please, Interior Sci-Fi Hallway

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
3DKlassen polycounter lvl 4
Hey everyone,
I had posted this project a little while back, but made a new account & made some updates to the scene. One of the best feedback's I received that time was the youtube link to the video that talks about Sci-Fi mistakes and greebles (spelling?). I've been working on 3 separate projects but came back to this one recently. As you can see from the pic's the progress I've made. The oldest pic is where this hallway ended off at the finish of a Sci-Fi tutorial I followed. Everything after that first pic is from either my head or from my inspiration boards I've made via google and pinterest.

NOTE: I'm still going to make new doors to match the design of either doorway I go with (The door on left is different than the 2 on right side).
I'm trying to get the lighting right for a Arnold Render, Having a hard time with settings of lights and render. I want this scene to be dark, Similar to many of the Foundry 42 contest entries. That's what sparked this project in the first place.

Thanks for any and all feedback, it truly helps!

Most recent to oldest:

^This is where the tutorial finished.

Replies

• 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    First Lighting Test (Arnold Lighting & Render)
    Still trying to learn, Definitely have my work cut out for me.

Its suppose to be dark (Unlike all the photo's above), HOWEVER, I need some help. So if you can spare a few minutes to share some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it!

• 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    So I was playing with the lighting, still working on trying to find the right amount of dark spots and light. But every day its getting better. I still could use some guidance from anyone willing to help. Also I really would like to be critiqued on the entire scene

• 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some changes to the doors and doorway. Couldn't stand the way I had them. Still learning about the lighting

• 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    Today's update so far, unfortunately I have to step out of the house for a few hours, so more to come later tonight when I get home. Adding more colors to separate items / materials. Can't wait to actually start texturing this once I get it to where I love it. Until then...

With the hexagons on the doors, I want them to be signals of whats inside the room. and also touch screen, and they will display information. Such as inside Temp, if anything is unstable inside, number of living creatures inside. Green will most likely be the nature room / crop growing. etc etc.

Red lighting down the hall is the very beginning of something bad happening. Something has become unstable, the red lighting would be flashing if this were a video. Also indicated on the back wall and power supply module where you see the right lights and red touch screen display instead of green.
  • 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    I wanted to share some of the hallway with both walls

• 3DKlassen
  • 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been fixing some bad typology and adding more detail into the main pieces. Still playing with light tweaks and still learning. All the colors represent what I'm going to texture them as. Can't wait to get happy with the models so I can UV and Texture.
  • 3DKlassen
    Offline / Send Message
    Still working on breaking the box more. Still playing with lighting and deciding on what colors I want. Added more details to existing pieces and added new pieces to the scene.

• JonJo
    Offline / Send Message
    JonJo interpolator
    Hey dude, nice looking scene so far. I think you need to focus on a colour scheme though, blue, green, orange and yellow all at once is really distracting, I can't even make out the details inbetween the colours right now. I'm at work right now, so instead of more crit, I suggest watching through this video by Alex Senechal, should cover some of the stuff I wanted to bring up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYnoaSB5xw Keep it up dude, the modelling work is very well done.
  • Cglewis
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    really cool stuff here! i would really play with shadows this is overly bright, place pools of light to draw the viewer/players attention, 
    oh and that pipe right by the door needs a bevel it doesn't feel right