Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blood Elf Paladin - PBR

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
Starting a new project this week! Going to be trying to do a PBR/Overwatch styled Blood Elf Paladin based on the concept below:

This is a concept I found online that I belive is directly from Blizzard. I plan to do the entire scene and will try and make it slighlty more realistiic in the sense that her chest armour won't bend as much and will be a plate chest piece. I am also starting from a base mesh this time around from Viviane Herzog and my main goal is to improve in creating a stylized character and improving my texturing for stylized characters. My new goal is to primarily focus on a stylized PBR art style!

Lastly I will post my reference board I have so far!

Replies

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had some progress and was working on blocking all the major details our like the armour and hair. I also did some detailing on the face trying to go for an elegant badass feel.

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked on some more block outs, trying to add more "realistic" armour parts like the sword sheath and a proper belt. I feel like her hair needs to pop more and be large so I'm going to try and work on in the next few days.

• kanga
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks pretty good!
    She is a bit heavy for an elf, but you write you are going for an overwatch version. Even so Tracer (like most of the female characters) for example looks a little more stylized (longer legs, smaller head etc). Check out the detail on Hanzo. There seems to be larger detail mixed with finer detailed graphics. Those pins on her shoulders look like they would knife her. 

Nice stuff!
  • apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga said:
    Looks pretty good!
    She is a bit heavy for an elf, but you write you are going for an overwatch version. Even so Tracer (like most of the female characters) for example looks a little more stylized (longer legs, smaller head etc). Check out the detail on Hanzo. There seems to be larger detail mixed with finer detailed graphics. Those pins on her shoulders look like they would knife her. 

Nice stuff!
    Thank you for the feedback! I'll do another pass at her body shape to get the more stylized look I'm trying to work on since your comments are spot on.

And yes! Those pins are definitely murderous at the moment, but that will be fixed, I'm still trying to get that blockout going so I have all the main parts before I scale, refine, and detail.

Thanks again for your critique!