Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kain from Legacy of Kain Series WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
AndresZambrano polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone, today I worked on this character and I thought that I would share my progress here as I make it, this way I can hopefully get critiques and feedback before I finish it. The character is of course Kain from Legacy of Kain series, and I am trying to make it look as realistic or believable as I possible. The references that I used are just the cover art and the ps2 models for the character so it's a bit tricky to go off just that since those models are very outdated.

As of now I would like feedback on the anatomy of the body and face so far more than anything since everything else is too undeveloped and just placeholders.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• AndresZambrano
    Offline / Send Message
    I came back to this project after a long time , I have some concerns with the busyness of the creases on the model, The character in the concept is like this pretty much  but I am willing to modify aspects to make it look more appealing if necessary. Some areas like the cape, hair, earring, and armor aren't finished, but I would like to get feedback on the body/head parts of the character. Thank you in advance.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    "fate promises more twists before this drama unfolds..."

Looking ace man!
  • AndresZambrano
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update. Still have quite a few things to finish sculpting, mostly the feet, sword details, and cape.
  • AndresZambrano
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on proportions and changed the glove and boot designs to match the concept more closely. I have to re-detail the newly made parts and redo the creases to match the original and be less noisy.
  • AndresZambrano
    Offline / Send Message
    updated this character since last time and made quite a few design changes based on feedback. The colors are not representative of textures, just colors for previewing. I think the main struggle for me has been nailing down the creases on his body/face. It is difficult for me to know when they are too much or too little, so I am redoing them with a cleaner look but I still need to add a lot of smaller and less intense ones. Please let me know what you think and be as critical as you can be if you want to on any aspect.